Need a good way to do this

Still new to all of this? Feel free to post in any of the subforums on this site, but in this subforum newbie questions are especially encouraged!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

arpegadream
Established Member

Need a good way to do this

Post by arpegadream »

I just started playing again a couple months ago and only in the last 2 months have I gotten some pedals, some are loaners/rentals.

I come up with pedal settings and specific sounds that become forgotten ephemeral dreams. How should I make a record of pedal settings for certain sounds I discover? I have a poor memory, I might even have alzheimer's need tests.

I now have Ardour for recording my practices and makings, but saving settings I've discovered I don't know how to go about that.
Last edited by arpegadream on Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Willis
Established Member

Re: Need a good way to do this

Post by Michael Willis »

By "pedals", do you mean physical hardware pedals, or are you using audio effects software plugins?

If you are using hardware, I suggest taking a photograph of the gear when you have dialed in a combination of settings that you like.

If you are using plugins, you can save your Ardour session and it will save the plugin settings.
milo
Established Member

Post by milo »

Or you could go low-tech and use a paper notebook to jot down the knob settings. Even with all of our fancy machines, it's still hard to beat the dead tree interface!
arpegadream
Established Member

Post by arpegadream »

Didn't think of doing a photo, that is a good idea. Then I need to group the photos, I'll have to figure out how to do that on Android. I used an old Galaxy S7 (well not THAT old).