Venom 303 + carla

Discuss running non-Linux applications and plugins on Linux, for example via wine

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

muzikermammoth
Established Member

Venom 303 + carla

Post by muzikermammoth »

Ok so is there a way to get venom 303 working in linux? I've tried using carla with the win32 bridge, but the plugin dies midway with an error:

Code: Select all

Carla assertion failure: "unlocked" in file ../utils/CarlaSemUtils.hpp
which i assume is the plugin manages to drift far from some kind of host based timing and carla unlocks the plugin to stop the entire host getting bogged down. Is there some way of making this work? For a synthedit plugin, it sounds pretty awesome
Linuxmusician01
Established Member

Re: Venom 303 + carla

Post by Linuxmusician01 »

I've been running it for a few minutes now but I've got no errors... Maybe it's your version of Carla. Unfortunately Carla's dev (falktx) is not active on this forum. A chat w/ him on https://chat.kx.studio/channel/help might help.

Good luck! :)
muzikermammoth
Established Member

Post by muzikermammoth »

someone else had it working in carla so i assume it's working fine. In eoan and disco, it's carla is version 2.00, so it should be working on anything running it, but somehow it isn't on mine.
glowrak guy
Established Member

Post by glowrak guy »

Have you tried it in the Reaper demo? I can't think of any synthedit plugin
that doesn't work in modern wine/reaper

www.reaper.fm
Linuxmusician01
Established Member

muzikermammoth wrote:someone else had it working in carla so i assume it's working fine. In eoan and disco, it's carla is version 2.00, so it should be working on anything running it, but somehow it isn't on mine.
Have you tried the Carla version in the KXStudio repository? See: https://kx.studio/Repositories
muzikermammoth
Established Member

Post by muzikermammoth »

It turns out that for some reason VB-303 kills the audit daemon that was running, so every time it stuttered, there's a auditd with a D signifier. The other thing was the carla-bridge dies as well.
Linuxmusician01
Established Member

muzikermammoth wrote:It turns out that for some reason VB-303 kills the audit daemon that was running, so every time it stuttered, there's a auditd with a D signifier. The other thing was the carla-bridge dies as well.
I didn't even know what audit for Linux was. Is it this: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Audit_framework ? It is per default in (modern) Linux systems?
muzikermammoth
Established Member

Post by muzikermammoth »

Yes it is. But the user has to install and run it.