Any timeouts whatsoever in linvst ?

Discuss running non-Linux applications and plugins on Linux, for example via wine

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

jonetsu
Established Member

Any timeouts whatsoever in linvst ?

Post by jonetsu »

Hi,

I haven't looked at the code, just thought of asking ... Is there any timeout in linvst that could lead to a systemic error ?
ubuntuuser
Established Member

Re: Any timeouts whatsoever in linvst ?

Post by ubuntuuser »

jonetsu wrote:Hi,

I haven't looked at the code, just thought of asking ... Is there any timeout in linvst that could lead to a systemic error ?
There are timeouts if something goes wrong somewhere (connection with server, loading the dll etc), I think it's about a minute or so.
jonetsu
Established Member

Post by jonetsu »

Thanks. I tend to think that the system somehow has slowed down, perhaps due to that extra windows process (haven't had the time to investigate yet) mentioned earlier. Apart from something in that vein I do not see at all why so many Windows VSTs have suddenly stopped working. The most recent addition was MODO Bass. While it worked well, shortly after that many, mist Windows VSTs stopped working. No OS update, nothing on that front.
jonetsu
Established Member

Post by jonetsu »

Oddly enough, and quite strangely since nothing has changed on the system, no updates, no package installed, it looks like it's working again. I loaded MDrummer, MSoundFactory and a few other Windows VSTs and they simply work. Might be a tad slow to load, but they load. I haven't tried yet to latest addition, MODO Bass (IK Multimedia) and am waiting some more, to load and use other VSTs, and load those sessions as well as previous ones, before trying it again, in case it's that one that brings calamity.