HELP! Online Registration of Windows VST plugins through LinVST and Wine

Discuss running non-Linux applications and plugins on Linux, for example via wine

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

ithesound
Established Member

HELP! Online Registration of Windows VST plugins through LinVST and Wine

Post by ithesound »

Hello,

I am quite new to Linux and a complete newbie in this forum, so I thank you in advance for your patience as I overcome the learning curve. I have reached a roadblock on my transition from Windows to Linux.

Prior to writing this call for help, I have done all the reading online and experimenting I have been able to on my own.

I am in the middle of completing a project that I started on Windows. Most of the plugins I use I could possibly find an LV2 alternative, but there are a few that I purchased specifically for this project and need to keep using. These are the ERA Bundle plugins.

The good news is that I have managed to make most Windows VST plugins work, by using either LinVST and/or Carla. Also, the ERA plugins load perfectly and seem to be working. I just need to activate them by entering my license key.

Unfortunately, my ERA Bundle plugins give me the error message that "there are disabled network adapters in this system" when it comes to validate my license key. Outside of the plugin window, my network connection shows no problem at all.

Also, the offline activation protocol gives me the same message, which is a bit odd (offline activation giving a "no network adapters" error...) :roll:

I have tried different configurations of WINE, as well as overriding some libraries (winhttp and wininet). Still no luck. I suspect this is an issue of the Wine server having the necessary tweaks and libraries that would allow the plugin to successfully reach the license validation server, but I am no guru on WINE yet. At this point I feel I am randomly changing stuff to see if anything does the trick.

I wonder if anyone could help me troubleshoot this one. Do I need to post any error logs?

My distro is MODICIA OS. My system is a 32GB RAM, Intel i7. WINE is on the latest Staging version, working on 64-bits in a Windows 10 default mode, although I have also experimented with other settings.

Thank you in advance,

Jon
ubuntuuser
Established Member

Re: HELP! Online Registration of Windows VST plugins through LinVST and Wine

Post by ubuntuuser »

The reg often uses crypt functions and they need to be translated to Linux functions/libraries and if something is missing then it won't work.

There are winbind and libntlm0 and gnutls (gnutls-bin).

Even with all that installed it still just maybe a Wine problem thing.

Another thing is that some reg fields might not accept keyboard input and so a copy/paste routine needs to be used.
ithesound
Established Member

Re: HELP! Online Registration of Windows VST plugins through LinVST and Wine

Post by ithesound »

The reg often uses crypt functions and they need to be translated to Linux functions/libraries and if something is missing then it won't work.

There are winbind and libntlm0 and gnutls (gnutls-bin).

Even with all that installed it still just maybe a Wine problem thing.

Another thing is that some reg fields might not accept keyboard input and so a copy/paste routine needs to be used.
Thank you ubuntuuser for your input.

I will research the winbind, libntlm0 and gnutls functions. Still a bit of a rookie there so I will report back when I get the hang of it.

Thanks again and good weekend!