Re-installing Windows VST (incl. re-installing wine-staging)

Discuss running non-Linux applications and plugins on Linux, for example via wine

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

jonetsu
Established Member

Re-installing Windows VST (incl. re-installing wine-staging)

Post by jonetsu »

I'm using a new Linux OS, Xubuntu 18.04 LTS, and have to re-install everything regarding audio production. I've re-installed wine-staging and linvst. And will start to re-install/re-enable Windows VST. The Linux VST just re-installed OK except for two that I have to look at, Discovery Pro and Waverazor, but that's something else.

The previous working system is still around although I would be that much inclined to just copy binaries. First of all, VST installation in Windows is a bit like a jungle and secondly, I have tried many, many VSTs in the previous system and I'd like to have a wine setup that's more clean. So I think it's be much faster to re-install from scratch. So fr I have no defined approach so I will start with simple VSTs and see how it goes.

Any suggestions about how to proceed to re-install and re-enable Windows VST ?

Cheers.
jonetsu
Established Member

Re: Re-installing Windows VST (incl. re-installing wine-staging)

Post by jonetsu »

jonetsu wrote:Any suggestions about how to proceed to re-install and re-enable Windows VST ?
Turns out that I 'simply' re-installed and re-enabled every plugin. All is good now.