Cannot resize columns

MusE is a DAW for Linux with both MIDI and Audio editing. https://muse-sequencer.github.io

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz, spamatica

joe-b
Established Member

Cannot resize columns

Post by joe-b »

Using MusE 2.1.2 on Debian stable.

I am unable to resize some columns with the mouse. I can resize the larger columns (i.e. port and channel) normally. I cannot resize the smaller columns (i.e. mute, record, etc.). I can move them around but the cursor doesn't change to indicate it is 'gripping' the sides and no amount of clicking will resize them.

I have tried setting different themes and resizing the windows, and removing old user config files, but no luck.

I recently had to reinstall Debian. I don't remember having this problem previously (also used 2.1.2, I think). I appreciate any guidance here.
Tim E. Real
Established Member

Re: Cannot resize columns

Post by Tim E. Real »

Hello. Those columns were never resizable. Only the larger columns with text.

Occasionally when we add a new column, it might be necessary for users to delete their config file and start from scratch
otherwise the columns might become confused or in the wrong place or not resizable.
This might also be necessary if up/down-grading versions of MusE.

Version 2.1.2 is very old. We are at version 3.1.
Some time ago I requested they update their package but nothing seems to have happened.

Tim.
joe-b
Established Member

Post by joe-b »

I also cannot resize the column with text (i.e. Track name). Removing config files and restarting did not help.

I did use version 3 for a while. I will see about upgrading/downgrading.

Thanks.
Tim E. Real
Established Member

Post by Tim E. Real »

Hm, strange.
Usually deleting this file should take care of it, similar to installing from scratch first time:
"HOME/.config/MusE/MusE-qt.conf"

I should have been clearer, that deleting this file would not normally fix the problem:
"HOME/.config/MusE/MusE.cfg"
It's the other file you want.

I noticed your 'ch' column seems to be expanded (should not be possible) while the 'name' column is not.
This strongly suggests the "MusE-qt.conf" file is causing the problem. We've seen it before.

Tim.