Feature request: save state of zoom settings and (vertical) scrollbar in editors

MusE is a MIDI/Audio sequencer with recording and editing capabilities, aiming to be a complete multitrack virtual studio for Linux. http://muse-sequencer.org/

Moderators: khz, MattKingUSA, spamatica

electrocoder

Feature request: save state of zoom settings and (vertical) scrollbar in editors

Postby electrocoder » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:55 pm

I work much with the pianoroll editor. Almost always I start by changing zoom settings (increase zoom level) when fine-tuning event positions and sizes. For tracks with very high or low notes I also sometimes have to scroll vertically to find the events at all then. This basically works. But unfortunately, whenever I close the pianoroll editor and reopen it on another part (or the same one), it opens with default zoom levels and vertically centered again. Zoom + vscroll state is not kept. Only window positions and sizes are kept + saved.

It would be perfect if the zoom and vscroll state settings could be maintained per track and saved in .med files. However, since I suspect this being not that easy to achieve, keeping the state of zoom and vertical scrollbar just during the session would be rather helpful already.

Of course, when working on saving GUI state, saving the current selection of custom controller views added in the pianoroll editor would be welcome as well. Though I'd consider this a little less easy to achieve and important.

Tim E. Real
Established Member

Re: Feature request: save state of zoom settings and (vertical) scrollbar in editors

Postby Tim E. Real » Wed May 01, 2019 1:22 am

Hi, I have been looking into this since another user has requested it. Been super busy with latency correction branch though...
But it is near the top of my mind though because true, it is annoying.
We currently save the position and size only. It can be seen that these are carried over to any new window opened.

If I recall correctly (can't quite remember ATM) we use QSettings features for that, and I was looking at
whether we could store these other desired settings.
Otherwise we have to find a different way to carry the desired settings over.

Tim.

alex stone
Established Member

Re: Feature request: save state of zoom settings and (vertical) scrollbar in editors

Postby alex stone » Wed May 01, 2019 1:53 pm

Yes, this would be very nice. Sorting out the zoom levels each time i open the window is a major time consumer.

Alex.

Return to “MusE Sequencer”