Global commands

MusE is a DAW for Linux with both MIDI and Audio editing. https://muse-sequencer.github.io

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz, spamatica

alex stone
Established Member

Global commands

Post by alex stone »

Tim,
I've set up a test 190 track template using just midi out to a Linuxsampler session, which is running all my gig samples.
So far so good. Muse seems to playback my test project without glitches, and i have only had the occasional hanging note.

An observation as i get into the workflow of Muse again.

The metronome can be toggled from the arranger window ok, but not the piano roll window. So if it's on, i have to shut the PR, toggle it off, and reopen the PR. Not a big thing, but with a lot of arranger recording/midi editing to do, this is an extra, and maybe redundant task.

Can the Metronome and all transport functions be "globalised", for all windows? So we can use a consistent keystroke that works for all, which ever window we're currently in and has the focus?

Next, the input devices, like keyboards, control surfaces, etc.

Currently we have to set up the port, and then apply it individually for each track. I have three such devices i want to connect to every track. There are 190 tracks.

Can we have this as a global option in the port window?

Something like an added column in the port window, and we select the input ports we want to add to tracks automatically, as each track is created?

Alex.
Tim E. Real
Established Member

Re: Global commands

Post by Tim E. Real »

Something like an added column in the port window, and we select the input ports we want to add to tracks automatically, as each track is created?
The 'Def(ault) in ch' column in the midi configuration dialog?

Select whatever input ports and channels you want to apply to every track.
I tried it and it still seems to be working.
For example I select channel 1 on port 1 and channel 4 on port 2, and when I create a midi track
they are automatically connected as inputs.

[Edit:] Notice also the 'Apply to all tracks now' entry in the drop down list of channels. It allows to retroactively apply the settings.

HTH.
alex stone
Established Member

Re: Global commands

Post by alex stone »

Tim E. Real wrote:
The 'Def(ault) in ch' column in the midi configuration dialog?

Select whatever input ports and channels you want to apply to every track.
I tried it and it still seems to be working.
For example I select channel 1 on port 1 and channel 4 on port 2, and when I create a midi track
they are automatically connected as inputs.

[Edit:] Notice also the 'Apply to all tracks now' entry in the drop down list of channels. It allows to retroactively apply the settings.

HTH.

I had no idea this was working as a default. Thanks for the heads up.

And the "Change all tracks now" is duly noted.

Alex.