Scarlett 2i4 under Debian Buster

Talk about your MIDI interfaces, microphones, keyboards...

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

kmchen
Established Member

Scarlett 2i4 under Debian Buster

Post by kmchen »

Hi,

I had managed my Scralett 2i4 to work well under Stretch but since complete reinstall under Buster sounds output fine but I can't get the microphone runing.

I installed Jack and Cadence and configured the bridge pulseaudio-jack. But when I open a track for recording in Reaper no signal appears.

Is there some tutorial about that or could somebody help me to find what I'm doing wrong ?
Death
Established Member

Re: Scarlett 2i4 under Debian Buster

Post by Death »

Does the mic only not work in certain situations (like when using your DAW), or is it always not working? Are you trying to use the mic in a native Linux DAW?

I had/have this issue myself. I can't remember the exact cause but I think it appeared when I started using Cadence &/or Jack. I think it may have been down to the PulseAudio bridge type that was in use so try playing with that (might require you to restart Jack). The audio driver selected in the Windows DAW may have had something to do with it too.
bluebell
Established Member

Re: Scarlett 2i4 under Debian Buster

Post by bluebell »

kmchen wrote:Hi,

I had managed my Scralett 2i4 to work well under Stretch but since complete reinstall under Buster sounds output fine but I can't get the microphone runing.

I installed Jack and Cadence and configured the bridge pulseaudio-jack. But when I open a track for recording in Reaper no signal appears.

Is there some tutorial about that or could somebody help me to find what I'm doing wrong ?
Try to record the mic with Audacity (with JACK as input source). If that works it must be an issue with the signal routing to Reaper.

Linux – MOTU UltraLite AVB – Qtractor – http://suedwestlicht.saar.de/