Presonus Atom Linux Compatible?

Talk about your MIDI interfaces, microphones, keyboards...

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

memory_frame

Presonus Atom Linux Compatible?

Post by memory_frame »

Hello!

I've been hankering for some finger drumming on linux lately, and I've been looking into different options for pad controllers.

It seems like the Presonus Atom is a good balance between playability and price.

Has anyone tried the Atom on Linux?

I've also been looking at midifighter, but I'm a little uncertain about the lack of velocity.

If anyone has any other suggestions, please feel free to reply! I'm looking for any suggestions for a playable linux pad controller!

memory_frame

Re: Presonus Atom Linux Compatible?

Post by memory_frame »

This page seems to indicate that the Atom is class compliant on Mac.

https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/ar ... art-guide/

I'm pretty new to audio hardware on linux, so I'm flying blind here. Does anyone know if the Atom is class compliant on Mac if that means it will be plug and play with Jack on Linux?
merlyn
Established Member

Post by merlyn »

I had a look at the link you posted. There's a section 'Download and Install Universal Control'. You won't get Universal Control for Linux.

I'm not sure what 'class compliant on Mac' means. If a device is class compliant it's class compliant.

So it's a common Linux scenario -- it may work, but you won't get the fancy control panel and because of that, you're unlikely to get all its features.
merlyn
Established Member

Post by merlyn »

I saw this :

https://www.akaipro.com/lpd8-lpd8

This says it's class compliant and no drivers are required. That will be as plug and play as Linux is capable of. :) Even if you don't get that one it shows such devices do exist.