PresSonus AudioBox 96 USB

Talk about your MIDI interfaces, microphones, keyboards...

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

gborfitz
Established Member

PresSonus AudioBox 96 USB

Post by gborfitz »

Hey!

I got an AudioBox 96 soundcard and I want to try it on UbuntuStudio and Ardour.
I've been looking for olders posts about this but can't find any mention of drivers and such.

I wonder if there's someone actually using this gear and knows how to get it working.

Thanks!
Michael Willis
Established Member

Re: PresSonus AudioBox 96 USB

Post by Michael Willis »

gborfitz wrote:Hey!

I got an AudioBox 96 soundcard and I want to try it on UbuntuStudio and Ardour.
I've been looking for olders posts about this but can't find any mention of drivers and such.

I wonder if there's someone actually using this gear and knows how to get it working.

Thanks!
I read a little bit about the AudioBox 96, it seems like it is class compliant, so you may be able to use it without having to install a driver. Try plugging in the AudioBox, start Ardour, select Audio System: ALSA, and see if it allows you to select AudioBox as both Input Device and Output Device.

Edit: If Ardour fails to use ALSA, it might be that your distro automatically started JACK. (I forget if Ubuntu Studio automatically starts JACK). If that happens, try Audio System: JACK, Driver: Alsa.
carlv
Established Member

Post by carlv »

gborfitz wrote:I wonder if there's someone actually using this gear and knows how to get it working.
Works a treat, no drivers necessary. Select it in the alsamixer via terminal..
alsamixer.jpg
alsamixer.jpg (71.58 KiB) Viewed 2479 times
in Ardour
ardour.jpg
ardour.jpg (11.71 KiB) Viewed 2479 times
gborfitz
Established Member

Post by gborfitz »

Thank you very much for your answers... To both. I really apreciate this because makes me feel that I can count with this site to get help (and give some help... I have no idea how or when I would help but anyway...)

Last time I tried make music with only OpenSource software was pretty frustrating.
Michael Willis
Established Member

Post by Michael Willis »

gborfitz wrote:Thank you very much for your answers... To both. I really apreciate this because makes me feel that I can count with this site to get help (and give some help... I have no idea how or when I would help but anyway...)

Last time I tried make music with only OpenSource software was pretty frustrating.
I think that open source music production has become much much better in recent years. Yes, there are a lot of people willing to offer help on this forum, just ask the questions. Soon you will be the one helping somebody 8)