No sound with Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 2nd generation and Linux Mint 9

Talk about your MIDI interfaces, microphones, keyboards...

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

little ernest

No sound with Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 2nd generation and Linux Mint 9

Post by little ernest »

Hello. I have a recently installed Linux Mint 9 Xfce in my desktop computer. The system reproduces audio files through the internal audio interface (integrated in the CPU). But, when I connect my external USB audio interface Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 2nd generation, the system recognizes it. Focusrite appears in the Pavucontrol audio mixer but do not reproduces audio files. I can't get any sound at all.

I've noticed that in the Configuration tab of the Pavucontrol audio mixer,
Focusrite appears with Profile: analogical surround 7.1 out + multichannel in.
Internal audio interface appears with Profile: digital stereo out + analogical stereo in.
I have the computer connected to a pair of Dynaudio Bm5 monitors. It is a stereo audio system.
Maybe here is the cause of the problem. But I don't know how to change this configuration. The Pavucontrol mixer does not give me any stereo option. I've read something related with this in Linux Musicians Forum, Hardware support & discussion, in the post: "Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 Thin sound" by Kbass30, but he seems to have not found a solution.

So, please:

1. Am I doing something wrong?
2. Is there a problem between Linux Mint and the Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 2nd generation?

Here you have my system:
inxi -Sz
System: Host: ------- Kernel: 4.15.0-24-generic x86_64 bits: 64
Desktop: Xfce 4.12.3 Distro: Linux Mint 19 Tara

~$ inxi -Az
Audio: Card-1 Intel Sunrise Point-H HD Audio driver: snd_hda_intel
Card-2 Focusrite-Novation driver: USB Audio
Sound: ALSA v: k4.15.0-24-generic

~$ inxi -Cz
CPU: Quad core Intel Core i5-6600 (-MCP-) cache: 6144 KB
clock speeds: max: 3900 MHz 1: 800 MHz 2: 800 MHz 3: 846 MHz
4: 821 MHz

I have been looking in forums for answers to this problem and didn't find anything. Sorry if I did the wrong research.
Thank you very much.