Scarlett Series: What mapping to use?

Talk about your MIDI interfaces, microphones, keyboards...

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

GroovyBasslines
Established Member

Scarlett Series: What mapping to use?

Post by GroovyBasslines »

I am a new Scarlett 2i4 user and wanted to ask you what is the channel mapping you use? I have noticed that when using the headphone channel selector to 1-2 I can hear both the DAW signal and the dry signal from my bass (input 1). When using the headphone selector to 3-4 i can map the Bitwig master channels to channels 3-4 so that I only hear the DAW signal. What mappings do you guys use? Cheers.
bluebell
Established Member

Re: Scarlett Series: What mapping to use?

Post by bluebell »

GroovyBasslines wrote:I am a new Scarlett 2i4 user and wanted to ask you what is the channel mapping you use? I have noticed that when using the headphone channel selector to 1-2 I can hear both the DAW signal and the dry signal from my bass (input 1). When using the headphone selector to 3-4 i can map the Bitwig master channels to channels 3-4 so that I only hear the DAW signal. What mappings do you guys use? Cheers.
Similar to yours.

Linux – MOTU UltraLite AVB – Qtractor – http://suedwestlicht.saar.de/

Michael Willis
Established Member

Post by Michael Willis »

GroovyBasslines wrote:I have noticed that when using the headphone channel selector to 1-2 I can hear both the DAW signal and the dry signal from my bass (input 1).
I have a first-generation 2i4, it has a dial for the headphones to fade between monitoring the stereo input signal and playing back the output signal. I generally have it all the way to playback, such that it doesn't monitor the input signal at all.
GroovyBasslines
Established Member

Post by GroovyBasslines »

Sweet. I was curious as to what where other Scarlett 2i4 1st gen users were using. Thanks for your reply!