How to use focusrite scarlett solo

Talk about your MIDI interfaces, microphones, keyboards...

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

abrombo

How to use focusrite scarlett solo

Post by abrombo »

I have an ubuntu 16.04 htpc. I have a turntable with a line level ouput (built in preamp). I wish to play my turntable through my htpc. If I plug the turntable output into the motherboard line in I can play my records with the ecasound command -

ecasound -f:s16_le,2,44100 -i:alsa,plughw:2,0 -o:alsa,hw:2,1

I wish to use a better ADC than that on the motherboard so I purchased a focusrite scarlett solo. I set the focurite to line input and input the turntable output via the 1/4 inch stereo jack on the front of the solo. I can hear both channels of the turntable on the headphone monitor jack on the front of the solo. When I execute the following ecasound commaand -

ecasound -f:s16_le,2,44100 -i:alsa,plughw:1,0 -o:alsa,hw:2,1

I only get output from the right channel of my speakers. Also when I use audacity there is only output on one channel. Any suggestions to correct this would be appreciated. Please note that I do "not" want to rip my records. I just want to play them in real time (latency no problem).
bluebell
Established Member

Re: How to use focusrite scarlett solo

Post by bluebell »

abrombo wrote:I have an ubuntu 16.04 htpc. I have a turntable with a line level ouput (built in preamp). I wish to play my turntable through my htpc. If I plug the turntable output into the motherboard line in I can play my records with the ecasound command -

ecasound -f:s16_le,2,44100 -i:alsa,plughw:2,0 -o:alsa,hw:2,1

I wish to use a better ADC than that on the motherboard so I purchased a focusrite scarlett solo. I set the focurite to line input and input the turntable output via the 1/4 inch stereo jack on the front of the solo. I can hear both channels of the turntable on the headphone monitor jack on the front of the solo. When I execute the following ecasound commaand -

ecasound -f:s16_le,2,44100 -i:alsa,plughw:1,0 -o:alsa,hw:2,1

I only get output from the right channel of my speakers. Also when I use audacity there is only output on one channel. Any suggestions to correct this would be appreciated. Please note that I do "not" want to rip my records. I just want to play them in real time (latency no problem).
I am afraid the Solo is not the right interface for you. You need 2 identical inputs, e.g. a 2i2.

If you process line level only you can use a much cheaper interface like the Behringer UCA 202.

http://nwavguy.blogspot.com/2011/02/beh ... eview.html

Linux – MOTU UltraLite AVB – Qtractor – http://suedwestlicht.saar.de/