Infrasonic Quartet - No input 3/4 and output 3/4 in any DAW

Talk about your MIDI interfaces, microphones, keyboards...

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

pulsewave
Established Member

Infrasonic Quartet - No input 3/4 and output 3/4 in any DAW

Post by pulsewave »

Hello,
I finally decided to transition to Linux for my audio setup and it's been a few busy weeks so far. :?: :idea: :?: :idea:
Now the one thing I can't figure out is why my Infrasonic Quartet PCI card's Input 3/4 and Output 3/4 are not recognized in my DAWs (I tried Ardour, Mixbus, Reaper so far). The alsamixer seems to recognize it, although I have to admit I am not 100% sure if my interpretation of what I see is correct.
alsamixer-playback.png
alsamixer-playback.png (30.51 KiB) Viewed 483 times
alsamixer-capture.png
alsamixer-capture.png (30.3 KiB) Viewed 483 times
Both qjackctl and cadence won't start the jack server when I set the number of inputs and outputs to 4.
I tried to find some answers for a few days now, but at this point I don't even know what to look for... Is it an ALSA, Jack or hardware related issue?
Any hint towards a systematic troubleshooting procedure will be much appreciated!

All the best and many thanks!
Jack Winter
Established Member

Re: Infrasonic Quartet - No input 3/4 and output 3/4 in any DAW

Post by Jack Winter »

What happens if you leave the I/O count parameters out?
Reaper/KDE/Archlinux. i7-2600k/16GB + i7-4700HQ/16GB, RME Multiface/Babyface, Behringer X32, WA273-EQ, 2 x WA-412, ADL-600, Tegeler TRC, etc 8) For REAPER on Linux information: https://wiki.cockos.com/wiki/index.php/REAPER_for_Linux
pulsewave
Established Member

Post by pulsewave »

Thanks for getting back.
In Cadence: Jack server starts when i/o is set to either 0/0, 0/2, 2/0, 2/2
In Qjackctl: Jack server starts when i/o is set to either default/default, default/2, 2/default, 2/2

All combinations equally lead to playback 1+2 and capture 1+2 showing up in the DAWs.
Jack Winter
Established Member

Post by Jack Winter »

I'm not quite sure how to help with this, but maybe the output of "cat /proc/asound/card0/codec#0" would help. Replace Card0 with the right number for your card in case you have several of them.
Reaper/KDE/Archlinux. i7-2600k/16GB + i7-4700HQ/16GB, RME Multiface/Babyface, Behringer X32, WA273-EQ, 2 x WA-412, ADL-600, Tegeler TRC, etc 8) For REAPER on Linux information: https://wiki.cockos.com/wiki/index.php/REAPER_for_Linux
pulsewave
Established Member

Post by pulsewave »

There is no file called 'codec#0'. The contents of the corresponding folder (card1) are
Attachments
proc-asound-card1-dir.png
proc-asound-card1-dir.png (9.18 KiB) Viewed 463 times