JACK Server Not Starting When Configured To USB Audio

Talk about your MIDI interfaces, microphones, keyboards...

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

prosaiq

JACK Server Not Starting When Configured To USB Audio

Post by prosaiq »

Hello all. I have a problem and I have come here for your assistance! Here's what's happening:

I use LMMS and Audacity on a laptop with horrible speakers. SO, I use a cheap C-Audio USB card for my input/output. I recently switched to KXStudio, with the latest 64-bit ISO I could find. Initially I had no audio through my card but I did some digging online and was able to figure out how to configure my card and it's been working great! Sometimes my laptop travels with me, and I have never had issues switching between the laptop speakers and the USB card.

Today, I was working on some audio, and I tried to listen to a reference track on youtube, using Chrome. Pretty normal. However, this time, I got no audio. LMMS still played back fine. I opened up Cadence and saw that the JACK server was stopped. Tried to start and then force restart, but JACK could not be started. I configured JACK to use the speakers on the laptop itself, hw,0, and JACK started right up. From what I can tell, my rig sees my card, but when I switch to it and try to start JACK it fails.

I don't know what I mucked around with but now I have no audio in LMMS either.

I looked around for something about this issue, just in a general Google search, and also in this site, but I couldn't find anything really dealing with this issue? If I missed it, could someone point me in that direction?

I usually try and solve these issues by reading others' troubleshooting threads, but I am really at a loss this time.

Thanks in advance!