POD HD500X patch. POD HD, HDx tester needed.

Talk about your MIDI interfaces, microphones, keyboards...

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

hmollercl
Established Member

POD HD500X patch. POD HD, HDx tester needed.

Post by hmollercl »

Hi with the help of the guy that did the POD X3 patch, we created a patch for POD HD500X and we are working to me merged in Kernel.
Here is the preliminary instruction on how to patch it in kernel 4.9+ and compile the module and
https://sites.google.com/site/hmoller/pod-hd500x-linux

I also believe that this could be easily replicated for HD PRO, POD HD PROX and HD Desktop but I don't have this devices to test it so we could also merged it in the kernel. So, if you have any of this devices and want to try, you would need to make some changes in the patch. changing the device_id, and where 500X appears change it with your device. If it still doesn't work, I can guide you in some small changes. Tell me how is it going to include it in the patch.

Finnaly, any other HD user (300,400,500), it would be useful to test if the changes doesn't affected you, so when the new kernel arrive you won't be affected. So, please try it and tell me if it stop working.
hmollercl
Established Member

Re: POD HD500X patch. POD HD, HDx tester needed.

Post by hmollercl »

patch for POD HD500x is present in kernel 4.13
hmollercl
Established Member

Re: POD HD500X, HD patch. PRO AND PROX tester needed.

Post by hmollercl »

Hi,
we have the patch por HD DESKTOP. I hope it will be present in kernel 4.15.- In the menatime here are the instructions ond how to apply it
https://sites.google.com/site/hmoller/p ... ktop-linux
brgds
HPM
lucianodato
Established Member

Post by lucianodato »

Does this allow to use the pod as a soundcard? Awesome!
Arguy (IRC)
hmollercl
Established Member

Post by hmollercl »

lucianodato wrote:Does this allow to use the pod as a soundcard? Awesome!
yes, but only audio, MIDI and patch load/upload are not supported (for this you can work over virtualbox w/o problems). In kernel 4.9 was POD X3 included, in kernel 4.13 pod HD500x. For HD Desktop I submited the patch already (hope it will be present in 4.15) but With the link I posted you can make the change an recompile again. Kernel above 4.9 is needed.