Arturia audiofuse in the stores

Talk about your MIDI interfaces, microphones, keyboards...

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

stanlea
Established Member

Arturia audiofuse in the stores

Post by stanlea »

Two years after they announced it,Arturia ships the Audiofuse interface, which is class compliant and "should" work fine under Linux, with a dedicated software.

https://www.arturia.com/products/audio/ ... e/overview
eikakot
Established Member

Re: Arturia audiofuse in the stores

Post by eikakot »

Looks awesome! On the manual of their control center it states: "The AFCC runs on Windows, Mac OS X and Linux systems, as well as iOS
and Android devices", but I can't find the installer for Linux, only macintosh ant windows
stanlea
Established Member

Post by stanlea »

As it is "class compliant", there is no need on an installer, that's why these devices are good for Linux. Beware, I mean an installer for a driver is not needed. But in order to have access to all the possibilities of the card (all I/O, internal functions) you need a dedicated software. For instance, the Audient ID devices are all class compliant, but with the exception of the smallest one (ID4), you don't have access to all the features under Linux.
The good point from Arturia is that they are writing such a software for Linux. I don't know it is ready now, but the said it will be soon. Maybe you should ask them directly. And watch the tech forums (gearslutz for instance)
eikakot
Established Member

Post by eikakot »

Yeah I have asked them and they replied that they are working on the Linux version of the control center so that is pretty good news :)
Smile

Post by Smile »

Has anyone tested Arturia Audiofuse on Ubuntu?? I don't expect a good software. I just want to know how much the device do the work.
CharliePersol

Post by CharliePersol »

Bought yesterday, connected at my PC with Ubuntu Studio latest version, with Ardour and some plugins

Sounds very good. Beautifully built, all metal. Remind me some ancient swiss clocks or Nagra/Stellavox devices. The only problem I had seems related to some lazyness in being recognized and initialized as a USB peripheral, so I need to verifi by lsusb -t that the port is connected befor to start jack.

I tried it with Pianoteq, OBxd, Dexed, AmSynth, Yoshimi, FluidSynth with the EMU 3X library I converted in SF. All very very very pleasant.

Pianoteq is simply real
martibs
Established Member

Post by martibs »

So I bought this audio interface a week ago, and here's my experience with it so far:

The bad:
The Control Center app is so far not ported to Linux. I could not get it to run on WIne (installation failed during the driver installation process). This means you will not have access to certain crucial functions like:
- Upgrading the firmware
- Modifying input channels parameters such as panning, pad, gain (input 1/2 has hardware control of pad/gain, input 3/4 does not)
- Setting digital I/O
It's pricey

The good:
Great quality device!
Works out of the box on Linux

You should not buy this device if you do not have any access to a Windows/Mac system from which to configure/update it. That said, you will not need the Control Center app for the day to day use of the device once it is set up. There are hardware controls for all the basic functionality, and the settings set with Control Center are stored on the device.
If you can afford it, it's well worth the money IMO. Arturia had promoted this device as Linux compatible, how many audio manufacturers do that? Grtanted, they still have a way to go in releasing the Control Center software for Linux, but that process may be underway. I wrote them a support request, and got this reply:
I will link your ticket to the corresponding feature request for a support of linux on the AFCC, in order to increase its priority
So if there are any other Linux AudioFuse owners out there, please write Arturia as well to help them prioritize :)
martibs
Established Member

Post by martibs »

martibs wrote:the settings set with Control Center are stored on the device.
I spoke in error. The settings are not stored after a complete shutdown off the device, by disconnecting the power supply.
Smile

Post by Smile »

Now November,2019. Where are they who said Arturia is working on the software for audiofuse?
raboof
Established Member

Post by raboof »

Smile wrote:Now November,2019. Where are they who said Arturia is working on the software for audiofuse?
Just as disappointed as you are, I guess?