Getting push to work under wine on Ableton?

Talk about your MIDI interfaces, microphones, keyboards...

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

machine
Established Member

Getting push to work under wine on Ableton?

Post by machine »

Hello

I recently bought a push1 controller and have been trying to get it to work in ableton with not much luck. The closest I've come is getting it to work until I trigger one scene (the scene plays and after nothing works until I refresh remote on/off then I can do some stuff again and then it stops working again). The screen never worked I think it has something to do with my JACK settings

this is how it's connected in jack

And I just useMIDI through 1 for input and MIDI through 2 for output in ableton midi preferences.

Has anybody got this working before? I have to use ableton for collabs with friends and I don't want to use windows on this laptop.
Attachments
carla.png
carla.png (67.91 KiB) Viewed 677 times
glowrak guy
Established Member

Re: Getting push to work under wine on Ableton?

Post by glowrak guy »

My guess is you'll need to use installer logs from both push and ableton software
on a windows setup, to see what might be used, and then needed in wine, and a recent wine staging
version, 1.9 or newer is probably a needed foundation. Reaper is working well in wine,
so maybe see how push/reaper owners are using it with success, and try in wine/reaper

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIXAYhWVr2w

mossgrabers.de/Software/Push/Push.html

Good luck!
machine
Established Member

Re: Getting push to work under wine on Ableton?

Post by machine »

I use wine 1.9.22 with POL after analyzing the behavior I think everything is hooked up well inside JACK, it's just the way the controller script is handling the push is wrong. Cause ableton thinks it's in windows and the in windows PUSH is supposed to be same port in/out it's just called Push and now the name is midi through. Might be just buggy because of the wine though, lol ableton is drunk on wine (without the push everything works fine though). Or I might be dead wrong. Let's hope we can find a solution for this..