Amp Brownie users ?

Talk about your MIDI interfaces, microphones, keyboards...

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

StephDAVOS
Established Member

Amp Brownie users ?

Post by StephDAVOS »

Hi guys, I'm getting started with Amp Brownie. Is anybody interested in sharing experience with it ? Thanks !
tramp
Established Member

Re: Amp Brownie users ?

Post by tramp »

Hi

here you find some more info about guitarix on the arm.
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/g ... _/_ARM_SoC

To get support by the guitarix devs for this special target, you may join the guitarix forum.
http://guitarix.sourceforge.net/forum/i ... 5620ef897a
Most active developer for the ARM SOC is Andreas (adegert),
he could tell you how to handle all aspects of guitarix on your ARM device, and provide some additional scripts for that.
On the road again.
StephDAVOS
Established Member

Post by StephDAVOS »

Hi and thanks a lot for the input.

I actually found those links before and they definitely seem like great support ressources. Thing is I am not actually looking for support right now. I'd just like to hear about other Amp Brownie users. Indeed, ampbrownie.com isn't really updated on a regular basis anymore and a lot of docmentation is missing. I wish existing user base could help fill the blanks.

For those wondering, Amp Brownie is basically headless Guitarix on the Raspberry Pi. It works better than you might think.
himayjohnson

Post by himayjohnson »

Hello, I fooled around with the ampbrownie stuff on my pi without much success. I heard some flanged guitar through the speakers but no clean sound and the midi controller seemed to have no effect. I'm going to get into it and look at the script it runs more closely but just haven't had time yet. It might be something to do with my pi being the older version. I'm not sure what changed in rev 2 besides the ram; I think also some gpio settings are different, but I have no idea how that would make the ampbrownie stuff not work. Please post your results. It's a cool idea but needs a community.
StephDAVOS
Established Member

Post by StephDAVOS »

That weird sound you describe is actually the default preset. It's actually a good sign you got there. I believe you'll only need to edit Guitarix settings and rock on.