I cannot control the m audio audiophile 2496

Talk about your MIDI interfaces, microphones, keyboards...

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

francoisa
Established Member

I cannot control the m audio audiophile 2496

Post by francoisa »

Hello,
I just installed Ubuntu Studio 64-bit (12.04 Ubuntu based). I have an Intel BOXDH67BLB3 motherboard with an m-audio audiophile 2496 sound card. I see the alas mixer recognizes the card and I can use it for playback and capture, but I cannot control the capture level. It always receives audio at one level which is too high. I am using the RCA input and output connectors.

Does anyone have any ideas about how to troubleshoot this.
Alwaysanewb
Established Member

Re: I cannot control the m audio audiophile 2496

Post by Alwaysanewb »

Open up dash and type in mixer. a program labled mixer should pop up, it's really called alsa mixer you should be able to switch sound cards and adjust levels on every channel there.
mattt
Established Member

Post by mattt »

Even better - install the Envy24 Control mixer (or better again, the updated Mudita one). It's made for the audio processor on the 2496 ;-)

Easy to find - I think Envy24 is in the Ubuntu repos...

Cheers,
Mattt.
Alwaysanewb
Established Member

Post by Alwaysanewb »

I must of not read your post fully I didn't see you already had alsa mixer open. I would go with what matt says. I use envycontrol on my delta 1010. Its in the software center but on mine its called mudita I think they canged the name.
francoisa
Established Member

Post by francoisa »

Thanks for the pointers. I built/installed Mudita and it works great, but it seems that ALSA cannot see the digital mixer of the audiophile 2496. Looking around the net I found: http://alsa.opensrc.org/1712_.asoundrc which seems to address the issue I am having.
francoisa
Established Member

Post by francoisa »

http://alsa.opensrc.org/1712_.asoundrc did the trick! Mudita also helped me understand what was going on inside the card. Thanks!