Linux KXStudio does not see an external microphone.

Talk about your MIDI interfaces, microphones, keyboards...

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

stoprocentov-org

Linux KXStudio does not see an external microphone.

Post by stoprocentov-org »

Hello!

KXStudio does not receive a signal from an external microphone connected to the built-in sound card of the laptop via a dual (headphone / microphone) jack jack 3.5.

In general, this is not just a problem for KXstudio. On Ubuntu Studio the same situation.
The Kmix mixer does not even have a channel for an external microphone. I went in to add channels, there it is also not.
The microphone works on another laptop. The truth is on that laptop separate connectors.

Who worked in Windows knows that when you connect headphones or a microphone to the audio jack, the system offers you to choose which type of device you are using. I have only one audio connector on my laptop, and both input and output.

In the Kmix mixer and no external microphone is displayed. And the sound comes only from the built-in microphone. A transponder to the outside or where not.

Internal is, and external even on the mixer is not visible.
I went to the channels of Kmix, there it is also not.
JACK, ALSA through Cadance all configured as necessary.

Sound card: Intel HDA ALC283 Analog.
Single headphone / microphone connector.

I found the HDA Jack Retask application to reassign the connectors. By description is suitable. I was able to add channels to the mixer from an external microphone.
But all the same does not work, the sound and does not appear (looked at indicators and tried to write down).
The HDA Jack Retask has advanced settings, but I do not quite understand them.

How do I make a record from an external microphone? How to do it, what would it be displayed in the mixer?
How to configure HDA Jack Retask?

As I understand this connector is called a headset, combined, four pin. Maybe I'll put the adapter, but will there be an external microphone channel in the Kmix mixer?
Before, when connecting a telephone headset in the mixer Kmix channel external microphone was not.
Last edited by stoprocentov-org on Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
stoprocentov-org

Re: Linux KXStudio does not see an external microphone.

Post by stoprocentov-org »

As I understand this connector is called a headset, combined, four pin. Maybe I'll put an adapter, but will there be a can of an external microphone in the Kmix mixer?
Before, when connecting a telephone headset in the mixer Kmix channel external microphone was not.