Black 76 Limiting Amplifier (FET Compressor/Limiter) by IK Multimedia – FREE DOWNLOAD!

Subforum for advertisements. Anything that might be interesting to the LinuxMusicians community is fair game here: hardware or software, Free or proprietary, go wild!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

carlv
Established Member

Black 76 Limiting Amplifier (FET Compressor/Limiter) by IK Multimedia – FREE DOWNLOAD!

Post by carlv »

funkmuscle
Established Member

Re: Black 76 Limiting Amplifier (FET Compressor/Limiter) by IK Multimedia – FREE DOWNLOAD!

Post by funkmuscle »

Mac and windows only or are they making Linux native?
I tried to avoid using wine when working on a serious project because after an update of wine in the past I found that certain plugins may have stopped working and completely screwed up what I was doing but like you said it could be useful for someone so thank you for the notification. :D
jonetsu
Established Member

Re: Black 76 Limiting Amplifier (FET Compressor/Limiter) by IK Multimedia – FREE DOWNLOAD!

Post by jonetsu »

funkmuscle wrote:Mac and windows only or are they making Linux native? I tried to avoid using wine when working on a serious project because after an update of wine in the past I found that certain plugins may have stopped working and completely screwed up what I was doing but like you said it could be useful for someone so thank you for the notification. :D
All IK Multimedia plugins are working quite well. Wine staging 4.5 + linvst (git, January 2019) on Xubuntu 18.04. No workarounds needed.

Since music is my main interest, I do not update wine nor linvst. I have a setup that works, with 5.6G of Linux plugins and 12G of Windows VST (all files included, not only the VSTs themselves) it allows me to continuously learn and discover new features and new ways to create, including mixing, and to create music. No need to upgrade. An upgrade will be considered only under a great proven need and will not be taken lightly at all.

For instance, I stick to Bitwig 2.4.3. Don't want to upgrade to 3.x for now. Too many people reporting that (some) Windows VST ar enot working anymore. So it begs to question, why would I need Bitwig 3.x after all ? For it's modular synth ? I already have Bazille and MUX. For some features here and there ? I just have to learn more about the possibilities offered by my current setup.

Since there's no reason to upgrade, then there's no reason to not use Windows VST.

Working on a serious project and doing an upgrade at the same time, all OSes, Windows, Mac, Linux included of any version, seems to be not the best strategic idea to start with isn't it.
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

jonetsu wrote:
funkmuscle wrote:Mac and windows only or are they making Linux native? I tried to avoid using wine when working on a serious project because after an update of wine in the past I found that certain plugins may have stopped working and completely screwed up what I was doing but like you said it could be useful for someone so thank you for the notification. :D
All IK Multimedia plugins are working quite well. Wine staging 4.5 + linvst (git, January 2019) on Xubuntu 18.04. No workarounds needed.

Since music is my main interest, I do not update wine nor linvst. I have a setup that works, with 5.6G of Linux plugins and 12G of Windows VST (all files included, not only the VSTs themselves) it allows me to continuously learn and discover new features and new ways to create, including mixing, and to create music. No need to upgrade. An upgrade will be considered only under a great proven need and will not be taken lightly at all.

For instance, I stick to Bitwig 2.4.3. Don't want to upgrade to 3.x for now. Too many people reporting that (some) Windows VST ar enot working anymore. So it begs to question, why would I need Bitwig 3.x after all ? For it's modular synth ? I already have Bazille and MUX. For some features here and there ? I just have to learn more about the possibilities offered by my current setup.

Since there's no reason to upgrade, then there's no reason to not use Windows VST.

Working on a serious project and doing an upgrade at the same time, all OSes, Windows, Mac, Linux included of any version, seems to be not the best strategic idea to start with isn't it.
Ardour and Mixbus32C, especially Mixbus32C as I'm an Archer and crazy rolling releases and I'm a sucker for newest or latest (sorry but I can't stand anything *buntu or Deb for that matter... BEFORE Y'ALL WANNA EXECUTE ME, IT'S MY PREFERENCE AS IN LINUX AND FREEDOM :D ) Mixbus32C is a cpu hog and the x-runs go crazy when I load a non-native vst. SInce wine-staging, you're right the vst are stable but I'm afraid to get a project going just to have it actup. Hmm ya know what, eff it, I'll download it after it's free. :D
carlv
Established Member

Post by carlv »

Hmm ya know what, eff it, I'll download it after it's free. :D
My man !
Hell yeah, take a chance. Live a little.. :wink:

petite guide:
https://media.uaudio.com/assetlibrary/1 ... manual.pdf
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

carlv wrote:
Hmm ya know what, eff it, I'll download it after it's free. :D
My man !
Hell yeah, take a chance. Live a little.. :wink:

petite guide:
https://media.uaudio.com/assetlibrary/1 ... manual.pdf
:D
glowrak guy
Established Member

Post by glowrak guy »

at potential wine users:

Backup a well-working .wine folder, fetch the wine install archives
out of your package-manager cache (a reinstall will grab them, if the
cache is not set to store them. Roll the dice, pay the price :wink:
...but you knew all that...
Cheers
carlv
Established Member

Post by carlv »

Yep and thanks...

We're playing with fire here, so it's always a good idea to err on the side of caution.
glowrak guy
Established Member

Post by glowrak guy »

How you get your IK compressor:
1. Audio Plugin Deals will send you an email with the authorization number.
2. Create an IK account at

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/index.php

click the human-head widget in the upper right of the main page to get started

This account will have a 'User Area' under the 'Support' menu,
for keeping track of products, serial numbers, and bonuses you aquire.

3. Download/install the IK Authorization Manager

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/a ... onmanager/

It will open with a place to paste your serial number.
It will confirm success. When logged in, go to your user area, and the
download link will be waiting. It will be a link to T-Racks 5.2.2, so you will get
a ton of other T-racks plugins with the compressor, to tease you for more purchases.
You might want to remove them at some point, as they have
an annoying hiss way too often, if not authorized. Not a big deal if you have only one IK plugin,
just don't load the others unless you want to test. People owning a lot of T-racks vsts
often don't like sorting which is which, and would love to :twisted: chat :twisted:
with the marketing droids who thought that uproach was user-friendly.
Many are excellent quality. And now you know.
Cheers
jonetsu
Established Member

Post by jonetsu »

funkmuscle wrote: Ardour and Mixbus32C, especially Mixbus32C as I'm an Archer and crazy rolling releases and I'm a sucker for newest or latest (sorry but I can't stand anything *buntu or Deb for that matter... BEFORE Y'ALL WANNA EXECUTE ME, IT'S MY PREFERENCE AS IN LINUX AND FREEDOM :D ) Mixbus32C is a cpu hog and the x-runs go crazy when I load a non-native vst. SInce wine-staging, you're right the vst are stable but I'm afraid to get a project going just to have it actup. Hmm ya know what, eff it, I'll download it after it's free. :D
Archer as in the Arch distro ? I like Arch for (K)VMs. It's actually ideal for virtual machines. A very neat distro. And very well documented.

I run Mixbus32C on an i5-3570 CPU @ 3.40GHz with 16GB RAM. Not the very latest as I let it settle down before upgrading (already a few 'flash' releases/updates were done on 5.3) but 5.2, and no xruns. The audio card is a LT1010 PCI card. This said, it still has limits. But at least there are no obstacles such as xruns. A bit of a system config was done, maybe that helped.

Recently I got 'something' happening which I still don't what it was. It happened then went away. During thattime practically no Windows VSTs were loading. Only Voxengo's basically. Details were written in another post. And then it went back to normal. No updating was done, no upgrading. Only thing that was done was getting MODO Bass. After this still mysterious phase, everything got back to normal, including MODO Bass. It was actually scary in a way, not to be able to pinpoint the cause of it. That was once in about 1 year as I started to use Windows VSTs about a year ago.

I understand you concern. Although so far, that kind of 'happening' which is not due to deliberate upgrading or updating, has just happened once here.
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

jonetsu wrote:
funkmuscle wrote: Ardour and Mixbus32C, especially Mixbus32C as I'm an Archer and crazy rolling releases and I'm a sucker for newest or latest (sorry but I can't stand anything *buntu or Deb for that matter... BEFORE Y'ALL WANNA EXECUTE ME, IT'S MY PREFERENCE AS IN LINUX AND FREEDOM :D ) Mixbus32C is a cpu hog and the x-runs go crazy when I load a non-native vst. SInce wine-staging, you're right the vst are stable but I'm afraid to get a project going just to have it actup. Hmm ya know what, eff it, I'll download it after it's free. :D
Archer as in the Arch distro ? I like Arch for (K)VMs. It's actually ideal for virtual machines. A very neat distro. And very well documented.

I run Mixbus32C on an i5-3570 CPU @ 3.40GHz with 16GB RAM. Not the very latest as I let it settle down before upgrading (already a few 'flash' releases/updates were done on 5.3) but 5.2, and no xruns. The audio card is a LT1010 PCI card. This said, it still has limits. But at least there are no obstacles such as xruns. A bit of a system config was done, maybe that helped.

Recently I got 'something' happening which I still don't what it was. It happened then went away. During thattime practically no Windows VSTs were loading. Only Voxengo's basically. Details were written in another post. And then it went back to normal. No updating was done, no upgrading. Only thing that was done was getting MODO Bass. After this still mysterious phase, everything got back to normal, including MODO Bass. It was actually scary in a way, not to be able to pinpoint the cause of it. That was once in about 1 year as I started to use Windows VSTs about a year ago.

I understand you concern. Although so far, that kind of 'happening' which is not due to deliberate upgrading or updating, has just happened once here.
yep Arch.. Been using it forever after trying almost every popular distro. Yes the issue you mentioned there where the windows vsts stopped I've experienced too many times so I said I'm staying native. I don't use a lot of plugins with Mixbus32c. I won it in a contest including all the plugins and I rarely use them.
I can only use Mixbus for mixing but who knows, someone may come up with a wrapper for Windows vst to work on Linux without wine so I'm grabbing up what's free right now. :mrgreen: