Auburn Sounds

Subforum for advertisements. Anything that might be interesting to the LinuxMusicians community is fair game here: hardware or software, Free or proprietary, go wild!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

kuacgraxa
Established Member

Auburn Sounds

Post by kuacgraxa »

" Auburn Sounds " , now with plugins also for Linux on VST and LV2 :D
https://www.auburnsounds.com/index.html
stanlea
Established Member

Re: Auburn Sounds

Post by stanlea »

They are very good. Some time ago a asked the developer to make linux builds and he did it. Good guy.
ufug
Established Member

Post by ufug »

stanlea wrote:They are very good.
Have you used these? They look like a lot of fun, especially the nasty sounding pitch manipulator.
listenable at c6a7.org
Michael Willis
Established Member

Post by Michael Willis »

Panagement got some fairly positive commentary on another forum that I frequent, specifically about making orchestral arrangements. There's a common problem of trying to make a super-close-mic sampled wind instrument sound like it's further back in the concert hall, and just messing around with reverb doesn't really solve that, but Panagement's algorithm apparently does a decent job of it.
Kott
Established Member

Post by Kott »

Panagement crashes .lv2 and vst hosts

I'd like to sent bugreport them
AuburnSounds
Established Member

Post by AuburnSounds »

LV2 / VST2 / VST3 plug-ins: Couture (free transient shaper) - Graillon (free autotune) - Panagement (free reverb)
jonetsu
Established Member

Post by jonetsu »

Hello,

I gave Panagement a try using the free version. VST 64-bit on Xubuntu 18.04 using Bitwig 2.4.3. Empty template session, all by itself on a track. The plugin crashes all by itself after a few seconds. Repeatedly. Reload, wait perhaps 5 seconds doing absolutely nothing, then crashes. Reload again, same thing. Repeat, same thing.

This said I probably run all available commercial VST for Linux, or very close to it.
AuburnSounds
Established Member

Post by AuburnSounds »

Hello, this sounds very similar to a bug in Panagement v2.1 on Linux.

Are you sure you are using the new VST from within https://www.auburnsounds.com/downloads/ ... EE-2.2.zip ? Because this one bug should not be there anymore.

Thanks for your report.
LV2 / VST2 / VST3 plug-ins: Couture (free transient shaper) - Graillon (free autotune) - Panagement (free reverb)
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

Yep I'm on Arch and the lv2 will not load in Ardour. The vst does but after 30 secs, it crashes Ardour.
I'll try tomorrow to fully remove it and reinstall Panagement2 to see if that helps.. I think the old version maybe still on my system. I'm fact confirm but loading either lv2 will not load in Ardour.
Loki Harfagr
Established Member

Post by Loki Harfagr »

Same case as Jonetsu here, on Arch too (Manjaro) when using Ardour5, Panagement LV2 loads with a fuzzy look (all scrambled and zagged) then violently crash (and crashes ardour).
Now, it comes funnier, note that all the Auburn plugins (Free version ATM) work fine in jalv or in Mixbus (which somewhat could a hint for the bug search relatively to Ardour)
jonetsu
Established Member

Post by jonetsu »

AuburnSounds wrote: Are you sure you are using the new VST from within https://www.auburnsounds.com/downloads/ ... EE-2.2.zip ? Because this one bug should not be there anymore.
I have a little problem with that question. You gave a link to the product(s) and then you ask if the link was valid ? [insert smilie here]

This said, after reading Loki's reply I gave it a try in Mixbus 32C 5.2.191 and it loads OK and remains stable. As far as I'm concerned, this is where this type of plugin would be used: in mixing and I do all my mixing in Mixbus32C. So I'll give a try later on.

I'm kind of curious on the software side what could be so detrimental to running a VST plugin in Bitwig so that after x seconds it crashes by itself w/o doing anything, repeatedly. Is Bitwig sending VSTs some periodic message that's in this case mishandled ? And Ardour would whereas Mixbus does not ?

auburnWebSite.jpg
auburnWebSite.jpg (17 KiB) Viewed 1933 times
AuburnSounds
Established Member

Post by AuburnSounds »

jonetsu wrote: I have a little problem with that question. You gave a link to the product(s) and then you ask if the link was valid ? [insert smilie here]
I know it can feel a bit annoying to hear that, but I just said that out of habit. We get regularly bug reports for already fixed bugs by people who use older versions. To be fair, this mostly happen with macOS users :mrgreen: But since 3 people found something there is very probably something fishy, I think maybe we accidentally shipped an older build with unfixed bugs, something like that.
jonetsu wrote: I'm kind of curious on the software side what could be so detrimental to running a VST plugin in Bitwig so that after x seconds it crashes by itself w/o doing anything, repeatedly. Is Bitwig sending VSTs some periodic message that's in this case mishandled ? And Ardour would whereas Mixbus does not ?
If it is what I think it is, it's a bug in the UI of the plug-in and depends on the input conditions. Couture and Graillon should not have this one bug if the hypothesis is correct.
Last edited by AuburnSounds on Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AuburnSounds
Established Member

Post by AuburnSounds »

Loki Harfagr wrote:Same case as Jonetsu here, on Arch too (Manjaro) when using Ardour5, Panagement LV2 loads with a fuzzy look (all scrambled and zagged) then violently crash (and crashes ardour).
Now, it comes funnier, note that all the Auburn plugins (Free version ATM) work fine in jalv or in Mixbus (which somewhat could a hint for the bug search relatively to Ardour)
Very interesting report, thanks.
FWIW I'll be tracking the issues here: https://github.com/AuburnSounds/Dplug/issues/439
Don't expect anything quick, however.
funkmuscle
Established Member

Post by funkmuscle »

Well I removed everything auburn from my lv2 dir and then reinstalled the plugins... All is well now with Ardour on Arch.. Keep in mind I'm using it as part of my mixing which is what I think the plugins are for.
Kott
Established Member

Post by Kott »

Haven't see any problem with updated version.
Thank you, guys!