Fathom synth 229 released -greatly optimized

Subforum for advertisements. Anything that might be interesting to the LinuxMusicians community is fair game here: hardware or software, Free or proprietary, go wild!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

glowrak guy
Established Member

Fathom synth 229 released -greatly optimized

Post by glowrak guy »

https://www.fathomsynth.com/products

I'm using it in wine-staging 4.6, with Reaper, seems working fine
like earlier releases, but faster gui, there is also a free mono version,
and a CM version from Englands iconic magazine (with lots of tutorials)
Great sounding synth, and a simple intro to modular synths and flow connections,
works much like Patchage, and then click a module to launch it's settings panel.
The reverb and delay alone are worth the pro price.
Have a great weekend :)
jonetsu
Established Member

Re: Fathom synth 229 released -greatly optimized

Post by jonetsu »

Although I seem to forget about using it, Fathom is an excellent synth for the money. And a lot of development is going in it, with the author very much present in KVR->Instruments. Looks like a sampling module will be added later on this year.

Runs pretty good in Xubuntu 18.04, but with some slowness in the UI and in loading sounds, although optimization was made which is nice and is part of the continuous improvements.

The only thing I really don't like is the payment procedure which is, as far as I'm concerned, pretty much broken in both firefox and chromium. Just tried it now 4 times in a row for the update, going back and forth between Fathom's web site and paypal. When going back to Fathom's after concluding with paypal, the entry form misses one field. So I put it in, go back to paypal, come back, and it's still missing again. So, no way to conclude the transaction.

Last time around - several months ago, v223 - I contacted the author and he sent me a direct link to the upgrade.

As superficial as it may seem - being an hassle to get updates (with a synth that receives so many updates) - has somehow painted the synth in a washed-out hue in my arsenal.
glowrak guy
Established Member

Re: Fathom synth 229 released -greatly optimized

Post by glowrak guy »

I used a credit card today, and several previous times, and no problems paying.
I'd contact the dev again, so the paypal end can get sorted.
The gui initial load, and sound loading seem
faster in this release. I've been keeping up with wine-staging releases this year,
and no audio regressions yet, and that's In Mint 18 with a 4.4 generic kernel.
Cheers