OverTone DSP V3 Vintage EQ Plug-ins - March 2019 update

Subforum for advertisements. Anything that might be interesting to the LinuxMusicians community is fair game here: hardware or software, Free or proprietary, go wild!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

mike@overtonedsp
Established Member

OverTone DSP V3 Vintage EQ Plug-ins - March 2019 update

Post by mike@overtonedsp »

Latest updates for the OverTone DSP vintage plug-ins are now available, various tweaks, UI improvements and minor bug fixes. Get them here:

https://www.overtonedsp.co.uk/download/
tramp
Established Member

Re: OverTone DSP V3 Vintage EQ Plug-ins - March 2019 update

Post by tramp »

Okay, now that I've learned from the generous @glowrak guy here: viewtopic.php?f=59&p=104454#p104454
I wouldn't suggest any longer to move this post to the Marketplace, but instead, rename this part of the forum to "What ever you feel matters to you and you could buy somewhere" like a new sweatshirt (with a ACDC logo), or shoos (from Aguilera), come on go wild here.
Let's happily enjoy the commerce take over this forum. Welcome.
On the road again.
mike@overtonedsp
Established Member

I wouldn't suggest any longer to move this post to the Marketplace...
It's just an update - move it wherever you think best.
Let's happily enjoy the commerce take over this forum.
The same 'commerce' that provided nice things like support for Linux VST plug-ins in one of the most popular open source Linux host applications (at my own expense) so everyone could enjoy more (free and commercial) plug-ins for Linux that actually work... you're welcome.
Last edited by mike@overtonedsp on Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tramp
Established Member

Post by tramp »

And, by the way, may I suggest a rename of the forum to wonebelinuxlike-kvraudioforum.com :idea:
On the road again.
sysrqer
Established Member

Post by sysrqer »

tramp wrote:Okay, now that I've learned from the generous @glowrak guy here: viewtopic.php?f=59&p=104454#p104454
I wouldn't suggest any longer to move this post to the Marketplace, but instead, rename this part of the forum to "What ever you feel matters to you and you could buy somewhere" like a new sweatshirt (with a ACDC logo), or shoos (from Aguilera), come on go wild here.
Let's happily enjoy the commerce take over this forum. Welcome.
I think this is a little inappropriate. There is nothing to say that linux news has to be open source.
tramp
Established Member

Post by tramp »

mike@overtonedsp wrote:The same 'commerce' that provided nice things like support for Linux VST plug-ins in one of the most popular Linux host applications (at my own expense) so everyone could enjoy more (free and commercial) plug-ins for Linux that actually work... you're welcome.
By the way, I'm a MIxbus user myself, but, that didn't mean that we should destroy this forum by moving it over to commercial behaviour. We've a place here, and you know it, so why the hell do you feel the need to post your advertise here?

By the way, I'm myself also selling plugins, but, you'll never ever find a advertise of mine for this here.
On the road again.
tramp
Established Member

Post by tramp »

sysrqer wrote:I think this is a little inappropriate. There is nothing to say that linux news has to be open source.
It's about commercial, it's a advertisement.
Do you want to buy a shirt here? What's next, were do you want to go from here?
On the road again.
mike@overtonedsp
Established Member

so why the hell do you feel the need to post your advertise here?
It's a free update for existing users - I'm just letting people know it's available - if the forum moderators want to remove this thread, or think it better moved elsewhere, I don't have a problem with that - but I don't expect to be attacked for it.
jonetsu
Established Member

Post by jonetsu »

I'd say that 'Marketplace' is a better place to announce such.

BTW, are every and all plugins updated ? It's not clear.

Cheers.
sysrqer
Established Member

Post by sysrqer »

tramp wrote:By the way, I'm myself also selling plugins, but, you'll never ever find a advertise of mine for this here.
Well, everyone loses out then, us and you. I have no idea which plugins you mean.
tramp wrote: It's about commercial, it's a advertisement.
Do you want to buy a shirt here? What's next, were do you want to go from here?
I don't really understand your point. I wouldn't be opposed to buying a t-shirt here if it is linux music related. Where is 'here', this particular subforum or the forum as a whole?

Move it to the right place if you're not happy with it, you're a mod aren't you? I do agree that there are a lot of promotion threads (even to the point where I believe one person is getting paid and possible even a bot) but I don't think this is in that category. A new release of native linux plugins, commercial or not, is quite worthy of being posted about. A windows plugin with no native linux port is another story though.

Attacking people isn't really the best way to make a point though.
tramp
Established Member

Post by tramp »

mike@overtonedsp wrote:It's a free update for existing users - I'm just letting people know it's available
I'm pretty sure existing users get this information already as mail, so the free update argument isn't valid. I understand fully that as a linux audio developer you need some places to announce your work in order to find some users (still linux audio is a niche) and I appreciate that you go on with your support for linux (and I would support you as well), but, it would be even better when you accept some rules of this forum and behave accordingly. There is no need to add work on the moderators schedule, as you know it better already.
On the road again.
mike@overtonedsp
Established Member

I'm pretty sure existing users get this information already as mail, so the free update argument isn't valid
I put it in this thread because it was an update, and there are regularly updates from other developers - I wasn't aware that it was forbidden for commercial developers. I made the post concise, so as not to spam the forum with promotional, advertising or sales blurb. If you would prefer it move to the 'Market place' then you are welcome to move it - if your policy is now open source only, that's entirely up to you - but there's little point in me posting anything else on this forum.
tramp
Established Member

Post by tramp »

mike@overtonedsp wrote: if your policy is now open source only, that's entirely up to you
No, it isn't. Don't get me wrong please. There is nothing stops you or anyone else discussion stuff about commercial plugs or host's. But, to be honest, we've the Marketplace here were post's which are "just advertisements" for commercial stuff belongs. And, your post, belongs clearly in this area.
True, we could just move it over, and do the same with the next, and the next, and. . . . who want to spent this time?
Let's clear it, and please, don't feel attacked, I prefer to talk to you and hope that you understand that commercial advertisements belongs to the marketplace.
Other than that, I hope (and I've seen already) that you've a lot more to add to this forum then advertise your work.
On the road again.
bhilmers
Established Member

Post by bhilmers »

I'm going to say the Marketplace subforum is the better place for this, HOWEVER, the Linux Music News subforum gives no content guidelines except "Discuss anything new and newsworthy!" That should be fixed if posting announcements here is a problem, but I don't think it is. As an aside, this little controversy has caused me to visit the OverTone DSP website, so the announcement worked!

Thanks for keeping up the good work, Mike. Linux needs more high-quality plugins, open source or not.
stanlea
Established Member

Post by stanlea »

In my view Mike's post fits well in Linux Music News : no rules are broken.