Free FL Studio Autogun synth based on zynaddsubfx padsynth algorithm

Subforum for advertisements. Anything that might be interesting to the LinuxMusicians community is fair game here: hardware or software, Free or proprietary, go wild!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

glowrak guy
Established Member

Free FL Studio Autogun synth based on zynaddsubfx padsynth algorithm

Post by glowrak guy »

https://www.image-line.com/plugins/Synths/Autogun/

A bit like a player of zynaddsubfx type sounds, as it's
algorithm is based on Padsynths algorithm. Your plugin
instance is assigned a random preset among the 4 billion+,
(yes, that's a _b_ ) and you can use the arrow keys on it's gui to move
higher or lower from that point in the list.

This works pretty well in wine-staging 3.16,
and indeed has a zyn-like array of sounds,
but the numeric entry of preset numbers in the gui
is not responding visually for my setup.

Click the ? icon, slide the mouse right, to the top entry, left click,
in that box, enter some numbers,and click on the checkmark
(not the X) and you'll be somewhere new.
but in my Mint 18,
I don't see what's typed, so it's unclear where you're at numerically,
until you hover over the ? icon again

The sounds lean more to musical than abstract, so it may be
a nice addition to your collection when fishing for something you've
not heard yet.
Cheers
jonetsu
Established Member

Re: Free FL Studio Autogun synth based on zynaddsubfx padsynth algorithm

Post by jonetsu »

I do not use Autogun since I have Ogun. Ogun is a lord/god of War and Metal and that characterizes very much the range of sounds made by that synthesis engine. They all revolve around metallic harmonies, even the pads.

Here's a track I just quickly made that shows some Ogun/Autogun sounds. There's no processing apart of the master bus for exporting purposes which has T-RackS One and Quad Image. The file uploaded to soundcloud was an ogg file, not a wav file. This was done very quickly in a matter of perhaps half an hour. Created in Bitwig and somewhat mixed in Mixbus32C. It's always tempting to refine more but this time around there was a clear stop sign.

https://soundcloud.com/nominal6/jam435-ogun

BTW, Bitwig has a problem with Image Line vector-based synths (Sytrus, Harmor, Harmless) : once minimzed it will not display the UI again. One must disable audio, renable audio, then bring the synth back to view. This is not the case in Mixbus32C (Ardour, likely). Bitwig support said that this is because Bitwig actually 'closes' the plugin whereas Mixbus does not. There's also another problem with Ogun (as wellas with Sakura, worse with Sakura) is that Bitwig will not remember the preset name in a way that the synth will be able to play it. It has to be reloaded. With Sakura this is worse because if one forgets about this it will blast noise very loudly.

Apart from that Ogun/Autogun has a range of sounds not really found so easily elsewhere since this is a dedicated synth engine for producing such sounds.