IK Multimedia T-RackS 'group buy' + OvertoneDSP plugins

Subforum for advertisements. Anything that might be interesting to the LinuxMusicians community is fair game here: hardware or software, Free or proprietary, go wild!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

jonetsu
Established Member

IK Multimedia T-RackS 'group buy' + OvertoneDSP plugins

Post by jonetsu »

It's a good deal. Get 7, 8 or 9 plugins for the price of one. The quality of the plugins are very good. This is oriented towards 'classic' sounding emulations, like the Fairchild compressor, the LA2A, 1176, Pulltec, British SSL channels, etc. It also has some IK offerings. The price of the bought plugin must equate or be higher to the price of all free plugins that one wishes. The way that the group buy works, is that the more people participate in the offer, the more free plugins are available. Eg.:

Buy 1 Get 6 Free* when 2000 registrations are reached (current step at 2089)
Buy 1 Get 7 Free* when 2300 registrations are reached
Buy 1 Get 8 Free* when 2700 registrations are reached
Buy 1 Get 9 Free* when 3000 registrations are reached

The LA2A and 1176 features a M/S option making it possible to compress differently the mid and the side signals (going back to the recent topic of stereo enhancements). There's also a multiband stereo enhancer that's interesting.

I run T-RackS plugins using wine-staging and linvst.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/trgb2018/

Speaking of SSL, all SSL emulations and not only the recent EQ4000, have vanished from OvertoneDSP web site. That's too bad.
Last edited by jonetsu on Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mike@overtonedsp
Established Member

Re: IK Multimedia T-RackS 'group buy'

Post by mike@overtonedsp »

... however we do also have some vintage Pultec style EQ's and a Fairchild limiter - and they work natively on Linux too :) (Watch out for V3 of the PTC-2A planned for release very soon, as a free upgrade for existing users - this will offer some general enhancements, and just make things a bit more up to date under the lid, as well as paving the way for eventual Linux VST3 support etc)
Jack Winter
Established Member

Post by Jack Winter »

Thumbs up Mike!
Reaper/KDE/Archlinux. i7-2600k/16GB + i7-4700HQ/16GB, RME Multiface/Babyface, Behringer X32, WA273-EQ, 2 x WA-412, ADL-600, Tegeler TRC, etc 8) For REAPER on Linux information: https://wiki.cockos.com/wiki/index.php/REAPER_for_Linux
jonetsu
Established Member

Re: IK Multimedia T-RackS 'group buy' + OvertoneDSP plugins

Post by jonetsu »

mike@overtonedsp wrote:... however we do also have some vintage Pultec style EQ's and a Fairchild limiter - and they work natively on Linux too :) (Watch out for V3 of the PTC-2A planned for release very soon, as a free upgrade for existing users - this will offer some general enhancements, and just make things a bit more up to date under the lid, as well as paving the way for eventual Linux VST3 support etc)
The thing about IK Multimedia was rather about the LA2A and 1176, and the tape echo.

This said, OvertoneDSP's Fairchild FC70, the PTCs (as well as the DYN series which I have) are simply great. I use them often. I recommend them fully. Native Linux and low CPU impact.

For readers who would not know about OvertoneDSP's FC70 here's a review:

http://reviewrevival.weebly.com/reviews ... 670-really

One thing though, and it's not that much of a matter really since the DAW saves the parameters, I never understood how to save parameters in the User slots of the plugins.

Cheers.
Last edited by jonetsu on Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mike@overtonedsp
Established Member

Post by mike@overtonedsp »

I never understood how to save parameters in the User slots of the plugins...
(I don't want to hijack this thread..) - but, for the VST plug-in if you select one of the presets (either a factory one, or one of the 'user' ones) and modify the settings, that will become the new settings for the preset (unless you re-instantiate the plug-in). These get saved with the session (assuming this is handled correctly by the DAW). All the presets can be modified, the first four are designated as 'user' slots for convenience.

If you want to save a preset to a file, you will have to use your DAW's preset save / load functionality to do this (in fact, for VST3, it is apparently preferred that developers rely on this method rather than their own save / load dialogues, so as to provide a consistent user interface across e.g. different plug-ins hosted in a DAW session). That said, Ardour's preset save / load options don't appear to work for VST - that may be a plug-in issue (though it seems to be ok in other hosts) or something specific to Ardour VST support.
The PTC-2A V3 update will make better use of chunk saving / loading to manage (preset) state, so I hope this may help resolve some issues around presets on VST2.
jonetsu
Established Member

Re: IK Multimedia T-RackS 'group buy' + Overtone DSP plugins

Post by jonetsu »

mike@overtonedsp wrote:(I don't want to hijack this thread..) - but, ...
How can you hijack a thread with such a subject line ? :D 8)

Thanks for the info on user parameter slots and saving presets. I'll give it a try in both recent versions of Mixbus32C and Bitwig.

Cheers.
jonetsu
Established Member

Re: IK Multimedia T-RackS 'group buy' + OvertoneDSP plugins

Post by jonetsu »

The group buy has reached the maximum of 10 plugins for the price of 1. This offer will stay until October 1st.

I thus discovered the CSR reverbs (room and hall) which are quite something despite their sober appearance.

One thing though, clicking on a modulation option (2nd column) will crash linvst. But I can live with that. There are a-plenty of other reverb parameters to explore than modulation. All other plugins are working fine with linvst.

The 1176 compressor emulation, when driven, adds sustain to the notes, which is quite nice.