Harrison Mixbus offers

Subforum for advertisements. Anything that might be interesting to the LinuxMusicians community is fair game here: hardware or software, Free or proprietary, go wild!

Moderators: khz, MattKingUSA

tavasti
Established Member
Posts: 784
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:56 am
Location: Kangasala, Finland
Contact:

Harrison Mixbus offers

Postby tavasti » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:34 am

Harrison seems to have serious discounts pretty often. Sometimes they have them on their web pages, but most serious discounts are on their mailing list. To see offers or subscribe, see http://harrisonconsoles.lpages.co/specials/

Right now they have Mixbus 32C for 99$ and EQ plugin for free. Was earlier in emails, but was just announced also in facebook: https://mailchi.mp/harrisonconsoles/32c ... box-417469

I took free plugin, but decided to stick with cheaper mixbus still. I am still shoestring budget man.
Linux veteran & Novice musician

Hear my music at https://audiu.net/users/tawaste

User avatar
sysrqer
Established Member
Posts: 1813
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:47 pm
Contact:

Re: Harrison Mixbus offers

Postby sysrqer » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:00 am

Is the eq usable outside of mixbus? I couldn't see anything clear about that in their info.

Jack Winter
Established Member
Posts: 376
Joined: Sun May 28, 2017 3:52 pm

Re: Harrison Mixbus offers

Postby Jack Winter » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:08 am

Yes, I've used it in reaper with the lv2vst wrapper.
Reaper/KDE/Archlinux. i7-2600k/16GB + i7-4700HQ/16GB, RME Multiface/Babyface, Behringer X32, WA273-EQ, 2 x WA-412, ADL-600, Tegeler TRC, etc 8) For REAPER on Linux information: https://wiki.cockos.com/wiki/index.php/REAPER_for_Linux

beto
Established Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:56 pm

Re: Harrison Mixbus offers

Postby beto » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:54 pm

sysrqer wrote:Is the eq usable outside of mixbus? I couldn't see anything clear about that in their info.


Keep in mind that AFAIK you can't download it — they will give you the license and tell you that the plugin is already in Mixbus. I use Ardour, which comes with the unregistered plugin. I copied the license to my $HOME and the plugin became licensed.

User avatar
sysrqer
Established Member
Posts: 1813
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:47 pm
Contact:

Re: Harrison Mixbus offers

Postby sysrqer » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:32 pm

beto wrote:
sysrqer wrote:Is the eq usable outside of mixbus? I couldn't see anything clear about that in their info.


Keep in mind that AFAIK you can't download it — they will give you the license and tell you that the plugin is already in Mixbus. I use Ardour, which comes with the unregistered plugin. I copied the license to my $HOME and the plugin became licensed.


Interesting. The more I find out about them the less I like the way they do things.

Jack Winter
Established Member
Posts: 376
Joined: Sun May 28, 2017 3:52 pm

Re: Harrison Mixbus offers

Postby Jack Winter » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:50 pm

You can just copy the bundle from a mixbus install, to somewhere your program finds it.

Also to keep ~ clean, you can put the license file in ~/.config/harrisonconsoles.
Reaper/KDE/Archlinux. i7-2600k/16GB + i7-4700HQ/16GB, RME Multiface/Babyface, Behringer X32, WA273-EQ, 2 x WA-412, ADL-600, Tegeler TRC, etc 8) For REAPER on Linux information: https://wiki.cockos.com/wiki/index.php/REAPER_for_Linux

ufug
Established Member
Posts: 399
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:28 am

Re: Harrison Mixbus offers

Postby ufug » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:12 pm

I love Mixbus, but wish they would stop the erratic sales. It's ridiculous. Just price things at the sale price if you are going to do them every 10 minutes, because that is what they are worth. Who would pay full price when you know there will be another sale tomorrow?

Regardless, their plugins are of outstanding quality. They hit the sweet spot between being simple to use and highly effective.

I use the Multiband Compressor and the Micro-Glide in almost every session. Compare those two to any other plugins on Linux that can achieve the same effect--it's a good lesson on how to simplify design without compromising power (sometimes having access to every single possible parameter can make a tool less useful).

tavasti
Established Member
Posts: 784
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:56 am
Location: Kangasala, Finland
Contact:

Re: Harrison Mixbus offers

Postby tavasti » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:57 pm

ufug wrote:I love Mixbus, but wish they would stop the erratic sales. It's ridiculous. Just price things at the sale price if you are going to do them every 10 minutes, because that is what they are worth. Who would pay full price when you know there will be another sale tomorrow?

They indeed look to have sales often. Not all the time, but looks like if you can wait one month, you can get some discount from both mixbus versions, and also mixbus + all plugins bundle.
Linux veteran & Novice musician

Hear my music at https://audiu.net/users/tawaste

jonetsu
Established Member
Posts: 1426
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:05 am

Re: Harrison Mixbus offers

Postby jonetsu » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:56 pm

ufug wrote: I use the Multiband Compressor and the Micro-Glide in almost every session.


The Micro-Glide is quite something. The Spectral Compressor is also pretty neat. Wonder what they'll come up with next, eventually. A low-level compressor would be nice although since they're from a hardware background it's not obvious they'll go forward with such a device.

Cheers.

BTW, in which package can we find the lv2vst wrapper that was mentioned here ?

jonetsu
Established Member
Posts: 1426
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:05 am

Re: Harrison Mixbus offers

Postby jonetsu » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:03 pm

sysrqer wrote: Interesting. The more I find out about them the less I like the way they do things.


One gets all plugins witht he DAW, so you can try them. Not that bad of an idea. I remember downloading some of them two years ago, now they're bundled with the DAW. They're in /opt/Mixbus*/lib/LV2/. Each one has the exact same binary name, so the structure of the directory/directories have to be kept if they are moved.

Cheers.

Jack Winter
Established Member
Posts: 376
Joined: Sun May 28, 2017 3:52 pm

Re: Harrison Mixbus offers

Postby Jack Winter » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:48 am

jonetsu wrote:BTW, in which package can we find the lv2vst wrapper that was mentioned here ?


Don't know if it's packaged, but the source is at: https://github.com/x42/lv2vst
Reaper/KDE/Archlinux. i7-2600k/16GB + i7-4700HQ/16GB, RME Multiface/Babyface, Behringer X32, WA273-EQ, 2 x WA-412, ADL-600, Tegeler TRC, etc 8) For REAPER on Linux information: https://wiki.cockos.com/wiki/index.php/REAPER_for_Linux

jonetsu
Established Member
Posts: 1426
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:05 am

Re: Harrison Mixbus offers

Postby jonetsu » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:38 pm

Regular Mixbus now hits today a low of $19 USD.

jonetsu
Established Member
Posts: 1426
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:05 am

Re: Harrison Mixbus offers

Postby jonetsu » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:39 pm

Jack Winter wrote: Don't know if it's packaged, but the source is at: https://github.com/x42/lv2vst


Thanks, got it.

tony-j
Established Member
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:36 pm

Re: Harrison Mixbus offers

Postby tony-j » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:11 am

Hi, in a video they say that the plugins take a lot of cpu usage.

Is it worth it for a laptop usage? Or does it fit only in a professional studio? like a workstation or a powerfull desktop needed

User avatar
English Guy
Established Member
Posts: 461
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:28 pm
Location: England

Re: Harrison Mixbus offers

Postby English Guy » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:54 pm

tony-j wrote:Hi, in a video they say that the plugins take a lot of cpu usage.

Is it worth it for a laptop usage? Or does it fit only in a professional studio? like a workstation or a powerfull desktop needed


I use Harrison Mixbus on a modest (repurposed vista machine) laptop with no problems. Are you sure you didn't watch the video for the mastering equaliser as they do state that this uses high cpu? That was specifically for that plugin and it still works fine on my laptop.


Return to “Marketplace”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest