The Repro-1_Repro-5 Bundle is now released, $99 in Dec

Subforum for advertisements. Anything that might be interesting to the LinuxMusicians community is fair game here: hardware or software, Free or proprietary, go wild!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

glowrak guy
Established Member

The Repro-1_Repro-5 Bundle is now released, $99 in Dec

Post by glowrak guy »

Price goes to $149 in January. The linux version is still being readied,
in the meantime, the windows versions run fine in wine-staging,
albeit with some text not centered in Reaper. I've installed them in

.wine/drive_c/users/Public/Documents

A new tagged preset handler is included, very handy
as Repro-1 comes with 500+ presets
and Repro-5 has 1000+ presets, and free ones
are trickling in. The sound is great, and the gui's are scalable.
Cheers
jonetsu
Established Member

Re: The Repro-1_Repro-5 Bundle is now released, $99 in Dec

Post by jonetsu »

Great synths.

As far as I'm concerned Repro-5 is NOT RELEASED.

Why ?

Because I'm running Linux.

As a side note, perhaps we can announce in Marketplace every new Windows software that runs in wine and/or airwave ?
Jack Winter
Established Member

Post by Jack Winter »

I'd contend that yes it is released, just that the linux port still isn't completed. Seeing that it's discounted just now, maybe useful for people to know so that they can test it in wine before the promo runs out (hopefully the final linux version will be released before the promo ends).
After all the u-he products do get a linux release as compared to the majority of windows software..
Reaper/KDE/Archlinux. i7-2600k/16GB + i7-4700HQ/16GB, RME Multiface/Babyface, Behringer X32, WA273-EQ, 2 x WA-412, ADL-600, Tegeler TRC, etc 8) For REAPER on Linux information: https://wiki.cockos.com/wiki/index.php/REAPER_for_Linux
jonetsu
Established Member

Post by jonetsu »

Fair enough. For the discount offer, it's nice to know about it now.

OTOH most u-he plugins do not get a Linux release. They get a Linux eternal beta, as Urs replied a few days ago.

This said all (and I mean all) u-he plugins are working just fine here.

UPDATE There's a new Linux beta from a couple of hours ago. Comes with an explanation from Alexandre who works on this in his free time.

https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopi ... start=1095
Jack Winter
Established Member

Post by Jack Winter »

Yes I've talked to them about it, and it appears that they'd like to support linux, but don't have the in house knowledge to support it, thus the eternal beta. But you're absolutely right, it's still not officially released and supported. Still for me all of their plugins work just fine, so personally I have no need for support :)
Reaper/KDE/Archlinux. i7-2600k/16GB + i7-4700HQ/16GB, RME Multiface/Babyface, Behringer X32, WA273-EQ, 2 x WA-412, ADL-600, Tegeler TRC, etc 8) For REAPER on Linux information: https://wiki.cockos.com/wiki/index.php/REAPER_for_Linux
glowrak guy
Established Member

Post by glowrak guy »

jonetsu wrote: As a side note, perhaps we can announce in Marketplace every new Windows software that runs in wine and/or airwave ?
Assuming your comment is in sarcasm, the marketplace forum was created because a few people
always complained about anything that wasn't foss. It was agreed that commercial software is not the devil,
and could be discussed openly. There is also a foss advocacy forum higher up on the page.

FWIW, wine-staging combined with linvst and or airwave, makes a wide range
of world-class plugin software available, with only a short learning curve,
most of which is discussed in this thread:

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=193761

Cheers
jonetsu
Established Member

Post by jonetsu »

glowrak guy wrote: FWIW, wine-staging combined with linvst and or airwave, makes a wide range
of world-class plugin software available, with only a short learning curve [...]
I'm looking for clear, step-by-step instructions, on installing all that's required to run ariwave and whatever technology is providing the most options. Do you know of a resource that clearly describes this process ? Perhaps with some use case examples at the end using some well-known plugins and a Linux DAW such as Bitwig or Ardour/Mixbus ?

So far I have high doubts about installing wine from the Linux Mint 18 repo, wine being at version 1.8.1 or somesuch while the developers are putting out a release candidate of version 3.0. Something's wrong. So I learned that instead wine is taken from a so-called 'wine staging' repo, which is at some 2.x version. Already this is a big step. I haven't installed it yet, since I want to get the full picture before bringing on packages to the OS.

I have some doubts, I think justified, about people claining that "no problem, it works". It could be that I install everything then try what I want, say a Voxengo plugin, and it simply does not work. We just saw yesterday that there's someone having major GUI issues with Repro-5 on Fedora while here it runs just fine. So I'm cautious and would like to see the full picture step-by-step with working examples, if possible, before starting to work on it.

Cheers.
glowrak guy
Established Member

Post by glowrak guy »

When the airwave debian file is installed, you'll have a gui panel
called airwave-manager, and a config file, type airwave-manager in a terminal
to open the gui

.config/airwave/airwave.conf is a ext file that reflects choices made in the gui,
and is quite simple to edit, should you find a need to.

The gui panel lets you choose which vst to wrap, puts it on a list, with a row of buttons
on top to create, edit, update, and remove links, along with some other items.

The links will go from the vsts you choose to wrap, to a folder of your choice,
which will hold the vsts, but now with .so extensions which many lnux daw apps will load.

linvst also wraps vsts, but with a different approach. It places wrapped vsts alongside the originals,
and has a converttree command, for recursive wrapping if you have plugins with folders in folders
to reach the .dll itself. It's super-fast, and if you want to add new plugins to wrap, delete all
the .so files first, and run the converttree command again. Linvst installs several items in /usr/bin,
and you'll maybe want linvst.so and converttree in your home/you folder for convenience.
convertree opens a small gui, four steps, top to bottom,
asks to browse to and select your linvst.so,
then browse to the folder you want to convert
and choose the start button.

I've found it good luck to keep little-used plugins to themselves, and only wrap what I
actually use, installing them to a main location, like Program Files/VstPlugins for windows plugins,
and .vst for linux plugins.

I also let plugins use their default install paths, and then link the .dll
to the path folder where they will be wrapped.

For wine-staging, I fully uninstalled whatever wine existed, then added the wineHQ wine-staging repository,
and have added some over-rides as the braintrust has discovered them. In the winecfg
config panel, in the libraries tab, you can choose which wine .dll files you want
to replace (over-ride) with real ones downloaded, or copied from a real windows install.
I just rename the ones I replace like crummy.dll-DEFAULT so I can quickly revert
using a filemanager if needed. These links are good for general related questions.

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=193761 for windows vsts in reaper

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=193760 for linux vsts in reaper

but much of the info applies to other daw apps as well.
Cheers