Marketplace: for stuff that doesn't fit? Oh really?

Subforum for advertisements. Anything that might be interesting to the LinuxMusicians community is fair game here: hardware or software, Free or proprietary, go wild!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

jonetsu
Established Member

Re: Marketplace: for stuff that doesn't fit? Oh really?

Post by jonetsu »

CrocoDuck wrote: Having written many posts does not prevent incomprehension, which I think is what happened. Things like this happen all the time, to anybody.
Yes. Incomprehension is an internal state that can be managed by, for instance, taking a step back and looking at the numbers. Member since 2014, a thousand posts. And then ask. What do you mean by that post ? Instead of getting the kalachnikov immediately :)

Cheers.
CrocoDuck
Established Member

Post by CrocoDuck »

jonetsu wrote:
CrocoDuck wrote: Having written many posts does not prevent incomprehension, which I think is what happened. Things like this happen all the time, to anybody.
Yes. Incomprehension is an internal state that can be managed by, for instance, taking a step back and looking at the numbers. Member since 2014, a thousand posts. And then ask. What do you mean by that post ? Instead of getting the kalachnikov immediately :)

Cheers.
True, but not completely. Having many post since 2014 doesn't necessarily exclude misbehavior in the present (which isn't what happened, just talking in principles).

Also, incomprehension goes both ways: you can either not understand your interlocutor, or the interlocutor is not clear enough or (as most often is) both.

But I agree with your main point, which is: look at things deeper, ask. To which I add, "try to be as clear as possible in the first place".
glowrak guy
Established Member

Post by glowrak guy »

Glad to see some discussion going on. I doubt most of us started using linux,
and one day, thought, 'Gee, I think I'll become a musician!'.
Rather, the other way around.

Many non-computer-using musicians got their feet wet with Cakewalk or a competing product,
and as time wore on, the limitations or follies of the win/mac duopoly led or drove
some good people, musicians or not, to linux, and every little success seemed a triumph.
And they still do.

From that history, (yeah, I'm a dinosaur) I posted the link to the Cakewalk 'Dear John' letter,
as if Stallman or Torvalds had thrown in the towel. Including a smily, so as not to be taken too seriously.
Poorly worded, perhaps, in the age of spam, but a five second peek at the article might have saved
some blood-pressure events :wink:

Where people get the idea I hate foss is beyond me. I realize it's religion
and ideology to some people, but the lack of full-frontal embrace at every turn,
does not equate to hate.

So Merry Christmas, everyone, I'll be more circumspect in my future postings,
and if you've been naughty, tremble in fear, as Santa will plant windows 10 on your ssd,
and put both Siri and her evil sister, in your car...and his elf will hide the remote, so be nice,
write a song, and buy a fat guy some kale
Cheers
tramp
Established Member

Post by tramp »

glowrak guy wrote:Where people get the idea I hate foss is beyond me. I realize it's religion
and ideology to some people, but the lack of full-frontal embrace at every turn,
does not equate to hate.
This is by far not the first post from you which end up to be reported as spam and be closed or deleted.
Any time this happen you claim later about it in a new thread, that this happen because of some " religion and ideology FOSS people".
That isn't the case, and that wasn't the case here as well. Please stop embracing people this way.
glowrak guy wrote: I'll be more circumspect in my future postings
That will be very helpful, and, if you've followed this intent already in this post, I've could avoid my post here as well. :wink:
On the road again.
glowrak guy
Established Member

Post by glowrak guy »

tramp wrote:
glowrak guy wrote:Where people get the idea I hate foss is beyond me. I realize it's religion
does not equate to hate.
This is by far not the first post from you which end up to be reported as spam and be closed or deleted.
Any time this happen you claim later about it in a new thread, that this happen because of some " religion and ideology FOSS people".
That isn't the case, and that wasn't the case here as well. Please stop embracing people this way.
glowrak guy wrote: I'll be more circumspect in my future postings
That will be very helpful, and, if you've followed this intent already in this post, I've could avoid my post here as well. :wink:
1. The other 'spam' posts, were in fact not spam, but pointing out world-class products, that now
work in linux, and are great tools for linux musicians to enjoy.

2. I work for none of those developers, and have never met any of them.
AND those falsely labeled spams were made before the m-a-r-k-e-t-p-l-a-c-e even existed,
and said m-a-r-k-e-t-p-l-a-c-e was created so you and a few other ideologs wouldn't have to see
commercial products mentioned in the forums at large. Dude, just stay out of the m-a-r-k-e-t-p-l-a-c-e
if you don't like it, and stick to coding. Please.
tramp
Established Member

Post by tramp »

glowrak guy wrote:so you and a few other ideologs wouldn't have to see
commercial products mentioned in the forums at large. Dude, just stay out of the m-a-r-k-e-t-p-l-a-c-e
glowrak guy wrote: I'll be more circumspect in my future postings,
Yea, I see, it works nicely, really circumspect. Dude. :lol: :lol: :lol:

As I already pointed out, your post wasn't reported by me, and, the report has nothing to do with FOSS or Commercial.
So no political, ideological or religious is involved.
It was reported because it looks like spam. ( link + short unrelated sentence == spam)
Why the hell you always try to reduce your view on a single issue which may exist, but has nothing to do with the issue we discuss here?
glowrak guy wrote:AND those falsely labeled spams were made before the m-a-r-k-e-t-p-l-a-c-e even existed,
To be honest, they wasn't false labelled as spam, it was just spam at this time. Just check the forum rules.
To make the forum a bit friendlier, the marketplace was opened to avoid such discussions like this one here.
But that didn't mean that you now could go on here to throw your slander against FOSS People.

It looks to me that you wont understand that you are welcome here, even form FOSS people.
If you remember the discussion about the opening of the MARKETPLACE, it was welcome by me as well in the first place.
But you always try to irritate people with you FOSS versus COMMERCIAL shit.

That, again, isn't the point here.
Again, please stop to towing words around to established members of this forum. Pleas follow your own advice and be a little more circumspect.
On the road again.