Mixbus 4 for $29.95 til Nov. 5th

Subforum for advertisements. Anything that might be interesting to the LinuxMusicians community is fair game here: hardware or software, Free or proprietary, go wild!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

English Guy
Established Member

Re: Mixbus 4 for $29.95 til Nov. 5th

Post by English Guy »

Luc wrote:
English Guy wrote:For myself, when you get used to having the logical tools for a mix ar your fingertips, going back to loading in everything you use is frustrating and time consuming.
Other DAWs have solved that with the concept of templates. You load a template and everything is there, where you expect it.
I use templates with Mixbus but I do not think I could cobble together something as good and finely tuned in another DAW. The Mixbus experience is what you pay for, love it or hate it. I tried the demo and liked it enough to cough up. I don't think I have ever liked a DAW so much. My musical roots are in the 1970's and I originally learned on analog gear so perhaps that is the charm. I am happy and I need that to be productive so it is a win situation.
jonetsu
Established Member

Post by jonetsu »

English Guy wrote: I use templates with Mixbus but I do not think I could cobble together something as good and finely tuned in another DAW. The Mixbus experience is what you pay for, love it or hate it. I tried the demo and liked it enough to cough up. I don't think I have ever liked a DAW so much. My musical roots are in the 1970's and I originally learned on analog gear so perhaps that is the charm. I am happy and I need that to be productive so it is a win situation.
That's the most important. For mixing I like the console metaphor a lot but overall, I started with Ardour and basically continue with the same DAW with Mixbus 32C. For mixing that is. In between that time I never looked for any other DAW. When Bitwig was made available in Linux I got it for composition, not for mixing, as I wa slonging for a better way to express creativity at that level.

And then when I use plugins, I often use Harrison and Overtone DSP plugins.
tavasti
Established Member

Post by tavasti »

And now there is sale again, for black friday: https://harrisonconsoles.lpages.co/blac ... shr2-copy/

Edit: I ordered plain mixbus, I don't know about sound quality arguments, but I like mixing UI.

Linux veteran & Novice musician

Latest track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycVrgGtrBmM