OverTone EQ4000 E-Series channel EQ now available for linux

Subforum for advertisements. Anything that might be interesting to the LinuxMusicians community is fair game here: hardware or software, Free or proprietary, go wild!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

mike@overtonedsp
Established Member

OverTone EQ4000 E-Series channel EQ now available for linux

Post by mike@overtonedsp »

OverTone EQ4000 E-Series channel EQ now available for linux:

Based on the E-Series channel EQ processing from one of the best-known British recording consoles, the EQ4000 comprises high frequency, high-mid, low-mid and low frequency sections.
The low and high frequency sections are independently switchable between 'bell' and 'shelf' modes while the mid sections provide fully parametric equalization with variable gain, frequency and Q.

The plug-in emulates both the earlier 'Brown' (82E02) and later 'Black' (82E242) versions of the original hardware, as identified by the LF control knob colours, while HF - HMF and LF - LMF cross-linking emulates the control interaction of the original design.

Developed by a design team including two former Solid State Logic (SSL) engineers, with detailed understanding of the original hardware.

VST2 for Linux - Download and try for free or buy at: https://www.overtonedsp.co.uk/download/download_eq4000/
sysrqer
Established Member

Re: OverTone EQ4000 E-Series channel EQ now available for linux

Post by sysrqer »

Can't wait to try this out, looks very good. Great to see you still supporting us 8)
jonetsu
Established Member

Post by jonetsu »

Great EQ. Got it yesterday. I use Harrison Mixbus 32C DAW for final mixing which emulates the 32C EQ but, when improvising, composing and arranging I use Bitwig and this is where the OvertoneDSP emulations are mostly used, to sculpt the sounds as a piece is created.

It would be very nice if you guys come up with another reverb emulation. I use the current quite a lot on guitar. Other reverbs with different characters would be nice.

Distortion emulations would also be great !

Cheers.
ufug
Established Member

Post by ufug »

Another thanks for bringing back Linux support. Really been getting a lot of use out of the Pultec and Fairchild emulators recently. I love things that sound great with just a couple knobs and at such a reasonable price. Would looooove an LA-2 if you ever run out of ideas ;)
listenable at c6a7.org