Waverazor update

Subforum for advertisements. Anything that might be interesting to the LinuxMusicians community is fair game here: hardware or software, Free or proprietary, go wild!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

jonetsu
Established Member

Waverazor update

Post by jonetsu »

From Media Overkill (MOK)

WAVERAZOR ARRIVING APRIL 15
Hello Waverazor friends,

Okay…

You guys are going to be really mad at us, but we have to delay the Waverazor release by a week to April 15th.

Tracktion’s Waveform DAW launch has taken longer than expected and is pushing ours back. Please don’t be disappointed with Tracktion though, as they have been instrumental with helping MOK get this far. If anyone is to blame, it’s us for being too optimistic about our schedule. Sorry!

So, we’ll use this extra week to add more presets and do some additional testing. We’re also in the planning stages for implementing some cool new features in our upcoming dot releases. We are certainly bummed because we were actually ready to hand off installers yesterday, but since we have more time now, we’ll use it to polish things up and keep Waverazor development moving ahead.

Waverazor will be available from the Tracktion Marketplace. https://marketplace.tracktion.com/shop/

As stated in previous press announcements and NAMM videos, Waverazor v1.0 will be $75 USD. We are working on a future version with a full parameter editor and when that version becomes available (in some number of months, we expect), the price will become $150 USD... however, anyone who purchases before that time will receive the update with editor free of charge.

Anyway, that’s the current status. We know it’s all just words until we get Waverazor out there for real, so we're doing everything we possibly can to make it happen.

All the best,

Taiho, Rob, Chris
waverazor.jpg
waverazor.jpg (39.99 KiB) Viewed 896 times
Last edited by jonetsu on Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jonetsu
Established Member

Re: Waverazor update

Post by jonetsu »

falkTX wrote:Please change that store link to a proper one,
You've posted a tracking link that you received on your personal email ;)
Hmmm... clicking on 'My Account' still asks for login. As far as I see it, no personal information. I replaced it anyways, thanks.
jonetsu
Established Member

Post by jonetsu »

Never hurts to ask one more time... So I did.

Hello, will Waverazor be available on Linux ?

Yes, it will, but we were not able to get it done in time for the April 15 release. We missed AAX too. We definitely want to support these formats so they will be among the first updates that we do... probably the very next one. My apologies for wait!

All the best,
Taiho
jonetsu
Established Member

Post by jonetsu »

The Linux version is forthcoming. They are making it their priority at MOK.

Here is a short demo piece. All sounds generated by Waverazor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DB3WTUdVIY4
jonetsu
Established Member

Post by jonetsu »

Waverazor is now available for Linux .... but it does not run at all in both Bitwig and Mixbus32C. I have emailed Taiho and Tracktion about it.
davephillips
Established Member

Post by davephillips »

jonetsu wrote:Waverazor is now available for Linux .... but it does not run at all in both Bitwig and Mixbus32C. I have emailed Taiho and Tracktion about it.
Thanks for this report. I got the email this morning, still going to hold off purchasing until I know it runs in at least those DAWs.

Best,

dp
jonetsu
Established Member

Post by jonetsu »

Waverazor works. Following Rob's advice I removed the WaverazorFX binary.

Observations:

1) There's no 'MOK' (or Tracktion) category for the plugin. It falls under generic VST. Not that much of a big deal, although it would be nice if it had a category. See attached.

2) The first time it loaded in Bitwig it took a looong time. At least 60 seconds, surely more as I went doing something else. I guess it went of the net to look for something.

3) The first time it loaded, and after registering, it did not made a sound with the default patch. A patch had to be manually selected. After selecting a patch and having it make a sound, going back to the default patch made a sound.

4) Terminating Bitwig and restarting: this time Waverazor loaded immediately and a sound was produced with the default patch.

5) There is no scaling of the window.
waverazor.jpg
waverazor.jpg (46.78 KiB) Viewed 830 times
The testing is credited to:

Tropical Media Labs
- Daniel Alflatt : Director of Product Testing
- Komang Priatna Suardi : Product testing and Indonesian translation

Waverazor was tested on Waveform, Tracktion7, Bitwig Studio, and Ardour, on Ubuntu 16.04. The problem is clearly with WaverazorFX, which I'm very curious about anyways and looking forward to try it.

Cheers.
jonetsu
Established Member

Post by jonetsu »

The Klingon version.
waverazorKlingon.jpg
waverazorKlingon.jpg (94.41 KiB) Viewed 819 times