Bitwig 2.0

Subforum for advertisements. Anything that might be interesting to the LinuxMusicians community is fair game here: hardware or software, Free or proprietary, go wild!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

jonetsu
Established Member

Re: here comes the philosopher

Post by jonetsu »

forestandgarden wrote:... if positive and negative exist at all.
Well of course they do in this universe. Moon/sun, male/female, day/night. earth/heaven, etc, etc. I do not think a 100% balance can be acheived which would perhaps cancel both. As the Chinese yin/yang shows, there's a bit of negative in positive and a bit of positive in the negative. The same is expressed by ☲ (Li, fire) and ☵ (Kan , water) as in the middle of each one is the opposite. Thousands of years ago they came up with this 'binary' system to represent the 'universe' we live in and they got it right I find.

This is also very important to music, consciuosly or incousciously. These tensions is what moves the spirit, the soul, what makes the body move.
forestandgarden wrote:.I live in a place where tourism is the main industry. I might find a hotel advertising: "5 mins to the beach". If I add: "..and with the highway in between", because that's how it happens to be, does that make me a negative person?
Good question. It should not. In many contexts it does, though. Eg. whistleblowers.

Side note: I haven't forgotten about your chords, not at all. My muse is taking me along other paths now but this jam112 and the collobaration is certainly not 'dead' in my mind. Sorry for any let down. I also find myself still doing a lot of work on the new house, now with painting exteriors and replacing windows (for a Linux guy, replacing windows is a nice activity) which I never done before so I'm learning. The motive: the ridiculously high price contractors are asking. I might even get a round blade saw and learn how to cut wood.

Always nice to discuss philosophy, as philosophy, conscious or not, is the leitmotiv to actions.

Alles gut, tschüß, bis bald.