discoDSP sale [update 1/23/2017]

Subforum for advertisements. Anything that might be interesting to the LinuxMusicians community is fair game here: hardware or software, Free or proprietary, go wild!

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

davephillips
Established Member

discoDSP sale [update 1/23/2017]

Post by davephillips »

Greetings,

http://www.discodsp.com/

50% off everything for the month of January. Products of interest to Linux musicians include native Linux versions of the Discovery, Discovery Pro, and Vertigo synthesizers, and the Bliss sampler.

(And FWIW the Corona synth runs nicely under Wine.)

Best,

dp
Last edited by davephillips on Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
jonetsu
Established Member

Re: discoDSP sale

Post by jonetsu »

davephillips wrote:...and Vestige synthesizers, ...
That would be Vertigo. It's a bit of an odd, additive synth. The UI is not scalable so it's kind of small (despite how the screenshot looks here). Because of its addtive synthesis approach it does yield a certain range of sounds that sets it apart from 'usual' synths, though. One of these days I'll spend some time trying to figure it out and tweak sounds and partials and such.
vertigo.jpg
vertigo.jpg (52.29 KiB) Viewed 635 times
Here it is briefly used as a 2nd voice along the main voice:

https://soundcloud.com/nominal6/test-jam38
davephillips
Established Member

Re: discoDSP sale

Post by davephillips »

jonetsu wrote:
davephillips wrote:...and Vestige synthesizers, ...
That would be Vertigo...
Yep, that's the one. You're right about it being a bit of a beast, I've owned it for a while and still don't remember its name. I have used it on a few tracks, mainly for some pads and special effects. It has some very rich sounds, but it isn't exactly an intuitively programmed synthesizer. Definitely powerful, it wants someone who likes to tinker with the machine.

Best,

dp