No jackaudio output on Raspberry Pi

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz, muldjord, deva

renoh
Established Member

No jackaudio output on Raspberry Pi

Post by renoh »

Hi,

I've got problems getting any sound output (jackaudio) when running drumgizmo standalone via cli, although the MIDI notes themselves reach drumgizmo (console output like e.g. "Event: note:47 velocity:99"). When exporting to a .wav, everything works fine. Jack itself works, too, when connecting any other audio software (e.g. hydrogen) to my MIDI input (jack-keyboard) and the standard audio output.

Since I want to run it on a Raspberry Pi, I removed some instrument entries in the DRSKit_minimal.xml file so that less samples get loaded (~700). One point I have not grasped yet is how the MIDI channel/program/bank number related to the configured drum kit. I've tried fuzzing those values around, yet without any luck.

Any help is appreciated.
deva
Established Member

Re: No jackaudio output on Raspberry Pi

Post by deva »

Could you post the full commandline as you are currently running it?

It may be a problem due to low latency (small jack buffer) and resampling being active (ie. too much load on the CPU).
If you can try running it with increased buffersize (2048 samples for example) and run jack in the same samplerate as the drumkit you are using (DRS is 44k1hz) and report back if you get sound?
renoh
Established Member

Post by renoh »

Code: Select all

drumgizmo -i jackmidi -I midimap=~/drs/Midimap_minimal.xml -o jackaudio ~/drs/DRSKit_minimal_reduced.xml
Good point to modify the jack parameters ... I haven't looked at vmstat/top/etc. concerning the load either yet. I am going to check both areas tonight and if necessary use a more powerful single board computer.

Thank you very much for the hints!
renoh
Established Member

Post by renoh »

It's working now, thank you for the help - I totally forgot to adjust the sample rate within jack.

Have a nice day!
deva
Established Member

Post by deva »

Just for future reference; which jack settings did you end up with?