Eighty Eight - Ensemble wav files

Link to good samples/soundfonts at http://wiki.linuxaudio.org/wiki/free_audio_data

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Noahsark
Established Member

Eighty Eight - Ensemble wav files

Post by Noahsark »

I recently got a midi controller that came with some software I tried installing in wine.

None of it worked. But I did get Eighty Eight Ensemble to install where I can see the sample wave files
in the program folder. I couldn't get it activated because they use some ilok program that won't run on wine
and even if it did I am not too keen on using it.

Anyway, what I am wondering... is there anyway to harvest those wav files in the program and make them into SFZ
sample sets? I know the process of doing it avlinux, which is what I using, but I can't get these wav files to
play in any audio player. The best luck i had was with audacity; it was still very static ridden - I don't know what is in the wav container
and how it is encoded to import it properly.

Would anyone here know how to read a wav file or a program that will decipher what kind of wav files these are?
tramp
Established Member

Re: Eighty Eight - Ensemble wav files

Post by tramp »

sndfile-info from the snfile-tools package may give you some information about the files.
sndfile-play may play the files?
On the road again.
tavasti
Established Member

Post by tavasti »

Noahsark wrote:Anyway, what I am wondering... is there anyway to harvest those wav files in the program and make them into SFZ
sample sets? I know the process of doing it avlinux, which is what I using, but I can't get these wav files to
play in any audio player. The best luck i had was with audacity; it was still very static ridden - I don't know what is in the wav container
and how it is encoded to import it properly.

Would anyone here know how to read a wav file or a program that will decipher what kind of wav files these are?
They are encrypted. Most of the Sonivox wav files are xorred with two byte pattern, and having just broken wav header. However, in Eighty eight encryption varies, there is 2-3 different encryption, one type of encryption in a folder. Most likely encryption is nothing harder thatn xor, but did not find it. And because I did not consider piano so interesting (there is good enough piano soundfonts available), I gave up pretty quickly.

Linux veteran & Novice musician

Latest track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycVrgGtrBmM

Noahsark
Established Member

Post by Noahsark »

Thank you Tramp and Tavasti for your replies.

I tried the sndfile-info and I got back that it was unreadable which confirms what Tavisti's had to say in regards to the files being encrypted.

It is shame because there are bass samples, strings, brass and other wav samples in there besides the piano...

Thanks again!
tavasti
Established Member

Post by tavasti »

Most likely encryption isn't anything too complicated, but if you aren't familiar with coding and reading hexdump you are out of luck.

Linux veteran & Novice musician

Latest track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycVrgGtrBmM

Noahsark
Established Member

Post by Noahsark »

I am not learned in coding or hexdump, through I am open to learning anything; but at this point
I am too tied up with learning the linux audio thing, learning ardour and so forth, recording and studying music,
to take on something else.

Unless there is some program that I can feed the wav files into that will crack them - it will have to wait...

plus there are other available samples out there to be discovered...