Where can I get classic wavetables or extract them from db files?

Link to good samples/soundfonts at http://wiki.linuxaudio.org/wiki/free_audio_data

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Death
Established Member

Where can I get classic wavetables or extract them from db files?

Post by Death »

I've recently switched from Omnisphere 2 to Zebra 2 but I really miss using some of the classic, analogue & FM synth wavetables from Omnisphere 2. There's a program called 'wave2zebra' (https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopi ... 9#p6147139) which lets you drop in files (I'm assuming .wav files) to convert them into wavetables for Zebra 2 to use. So I wanted to try out a couple things here.

Does anyone know of a good pack of classic analogue & FM synth wavetables that I can download from somewhere or maybe a site that's good for this stuff?

And does anyone know a way I could extract the the wavetables from Omnisphere's .db files? I've never done anything like that before but am up for trying it out.

Thanks!
barbouze
Established Member

Re: Where can I get classic wavetables or extract them from db files?

Post by barbouze »

This guy has a ton of them, and someone has made a pack for Zebra 2 :wink:
Death
Established Member

Post by Death »

Thanks. I've downloaded the Zebra 2 pack but it doesn't look like there's any classic analogue synth samples in there :/ There are some FM ones but I can't tell what they're from as the labelling is very vague. I'll have a play with them anyway as there could be some nice sounds in there! But what I'm really hoping for is some wavetables from 70s & 80s synths - Jupiter 8, Juno 60, Mogue, Oberheim etc...
barbouze
Established Member

Post by barbouze »

There is a visual guide for the collection. I'm pretty sure some of those waveforms come from classic synths but for copyright reasons they are not labelled as such.
Death
Established Member

Post by Death »

I went through them all and they're not the kind of thing I'm looking for. I'm mostly looking for classic sawtooth wavetables really. But some other shapes would be nice also. I don't remember hearing anything like that in that pack :/ I did check them all..
barbouze
Established Member

Post by barbouze »

In the last link I posted, in the left menu there are multiple entires like bw_saw, bw_tri or bw_squ. These are bandlimited saw, triangle or square waves. Can't be more classic than that :?
Death
Established Member

Post by Death »

barbouze wrote:In the last link I posted, in the left menu there are multiple entires like bw_saw, bw_tri or bw_squ. These are bandlimited saw, triangle or square waves. Can't be more classic than that :?
Yeh, some of them do look familiar actually. They weren't in the pack I downloaded though. Those packs were supposed to contain all of the files but apparently they don't. So what I'll do is download them and see if I can convert some of them to be Zebra compatible. It's a shame they're not named by what they're actually sampled from. It's just a bunch of random waveforms with that naming system. Still, it's somewhere to start eh :)