Hydrogen multi-outputs fail to auto-connect (LADISH or not)

Link to good samples/soundfonts at http://wiki.linuxaudio.org/wiki/free_audio_data

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

moonshaadow
Established Member

Hydrogen multi-outputs fail to auto-connect (LADISH or not)

Post by moonshaadow »

Hello!
I've got a problem when I try to launch Hydrogen in multi-instrument mode (=multi-outputs). Hydrogen can recall connections from the out_L&R outputs, but it cannot from the others outputs.
I have first tried with LADISH : first create studio, add Hydrogen and Carla for FX, make connections, save the studio (and so the Hydrogen song), unload and re-load the studio : evrything loads. All connections are recalled, except for Hydrogen multi-tracks outputs.

I've tried without LADISH. Hydrogen is supposed to remember last JACK connections, but it failed again.

I've looked ladish : I understand that hydrogen loads output ports : Track_1_L, Track_1_R, Track_2_L... then renames them according to the load instrument : Track_1_CrashJazz_Main_L .... Maybe it's why the connections fail?

Anyway, this is not the expected behaviour, right ?
Any idea someone ?
mauser
Established Member

Re: Hydrogen multi-outputs fail to auto-connect (LADISH or not)

Post by mauser »

Hi,

I can't judge what LADISH does, but having a look at Hydrogen's code, only the connections for the first two ports are saved to the config file, so only those can be restored. This is a bug in Hydrogen. Could you create an issue at our GitHub Issue Tracker?

Session Managers should not be affected by this behaviour..
moonshaadow
Established Member

Re: Hydrogen multi-outputs fail to auto-connect (LADISH or not)

Post by moonshaadow »

Hi mauser, thank's for your answer.
I report it on github right now.