gigedit 1.1.0 does not compile

Link to good samples/soundfonts at http://wiki.linuxaudio.org/wiki/free_audio_data

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

CG3D
Established Member

gigedit 1.1.0 does not compile

Post by CG3D »

Hi,

I tried to compile gigedit 1.1.0 with GTK2 and GTK3 in Linux Mint XFCE 18.2. Both versions error out:

If I install libgtkmm-3.0-dev, libgtk-3-dev and libgtkmm-3.0-1v5, this error prevents me from compiling:

Code: Select all

regionchooser.cpp:30:25: fatal error: gdkmm/seat.h: No such file or directory
If I however install libgtkmm-2.4-dev, libgtk2.0-dev and libgtkmm-2.4-1v5, this error prevents me from compiling:

Code: Select all

wrapLabel.cc:69:27: error: ‘WORD_CHAR’ is not a member of ‘Pango::WrapMode’
Any help to get gigedit 1.1.0 to compile would be highly appreciated...?

p.s. I tried to search the forum for 'compile gegedit' to see if anyone had already mentioned this issue but it returned an error saying:

The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: compile gigedit.
You must specify at least one word to search for. Each word must consist of at least 3 characters and must not contain more than 14 characters excluding wildcards.

So, sorry if this question has been asked before. :)

Thanx in advance and greetings,

CG3D
davephillips
Established Member

Re: gigedit 1.1.0 does not compile

Post by davephillips »

Greetings,

I hit the same problem. I think you'll need to update your distro. In my case I definitely have to update, Fedora 23 does not support the required version of gdkmm.

Best,

dp
CG3D
Established Member

Post by CG3D »

Hi Dave,

Thanx for your reply :).

Linux Mint XFCE 18.2 is the latest stable release, so I cannot upgrade until 18.3 is released. It is however based on Ubuntu 16.04 so maybe is has a somewhat older version of gdkmm in the repository...?

I will try to compile in LM XFCE 18.3 beta (or Ubuntu 17.10 if needed). I'll let you know if that works!

Thanx again and greetings,

CG3D
asbak
Established Member

Post by asbak »

I've hit the same problem on Mint 19 / Bionic w. latest SVN version of gigedit.
Following on from a suggestion on their forum, it seems to work after installing libgtkmm-3.0-dev
Some Focal / 20.04 audio packages and resources https://midistudio.groups.io/g/linuxaudio