(free) 2.2 Virtual Playing Orchestra

Link to good samples/soundfonts at http://wiki.linuxaudio.org/wiki/free_audio_data

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

Lyberta
Established Member

Re: (free) 2.2 Virtual Playing Orchestra

Post by Lyberta »

Paul Battersby wrote:If you can name a specific note in a specific .sfz file I can take a look at it. Are there any accent notes that work properly? Do the notes from the "normal-mod-wheel" files work properly?
I've encountered it with 1st violins section and solo flute. I don't know the notes because I simply compared the sounding of Sonatina vs. VP with a melody in G minor that was already written before in a sequencer.
Paul Battersby
Established Member

Post by Paul Battersby »

Lyberta wrote:I've encountered it with 1st violins section and solo flute. I don't know the notes.
That narrows it down a little but I can't debug this if I don't know the notes. The problem you are reporting does not happen for me (with Sforzando and Windows 10) so I can only look at the .sfz files for specific notes and look for something that makes a working note different from a non working note.
Lyberta wrote:I simply compared the sounding of Sonatina vs. VP
Between Sonatina Symphonic Orchestra and Virtual Playing Orchestra, when you are dealing with the accent articulation or normal-mod-wheel (SSO has neither), one important difference is that the accent patches, always and the normal-mod-wheel patches usually, play 2 notes at the same time to create the articulation : sustain + staccato, so that is one possible factor separating Sonatina Symphonic Orchestra and Virtual Playing Orchestra.

Along with the non working accent notes, I also need to know if there are working accent notes.

I also still need to know if this is specific to the accent patches or if this problem also occurs with the normal-mod-wheel patches because they both use the same technique.
Paul Battersby
My free orchestral sample library @ http://virtualplaying.com
Lyberta
Established Member

Post by Lyberta »

Ok, I've loaded my project and stuck notes are different on different playthrough of the same melody. Looks like another bug in LinuxSampler.