Realistic acoustic drums?

Link to good samples/soundfonts at http://wiki.linuxaudio.org/wiki/free_audio_data

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

funkmuscle
Established Member

Re: Realistic acoustic drums?

Post by funkmuscle »

The drumgizmo guys were also requesting a while back for drummers to supply midi beats. Of course that's depending on their time and if they have time available. I think that would be amazing for this community if we had a database full of beats that are good. I don't mean those cheap ones that you get for free on the internet but one or beats that have some flavor.
CrocoDuck
Established Member

Post by CrocoDuck »

funkmuscle wrote:The drumgizmo guys were also requesting a while back for drummers to supply midi beats. Of course that's depending on their time and if they have time available. I think that would be amazing for this community if we had a database full of beats that are good. I don't mean those cheap ones that you get for free on the internet but one or beats that have some flavor.
That could be quite interesting also to attempt to extract some stats and do some regression to make more realistic humanizer code. This could be a machine learning application.
chaocrator
Established Member

Post by chaocrator »

funkmuscle wrote:These modules that you're talking about, do you mean the electronical drum kits?
yes, i mean the modules from electronic drumkits. i mentioned two i own — yamaha DTXPress III and yamaha DTX 2.0.
bought the latter as backup, but extensively using it in my portable setup with Korg PadKontrol as input device.
both are quite old, i bought them second hand.
ivoaudio
Established Member

Post by ivoaudio »

funkmuscle wrote:The drumgizmo guys were also requesting a while back for drummers to supply midi beats. Of course that's depending on their time and if they have time available. I think that would be amazing for this community if we had a database full of beats that are good. I don't mean those cheap ones that you get for free on the internet but one or beats that have some flavor.
The only reason I haven´t send MIDI drum tracks yet is that currently I don´t have a MIDI drum kit. Some 20 years ago, I had a Simmons/Alesis D4 kit, but I lost the D4 and sold the Simmons pad.

I think the whole point of the experiment is to play live with DrumGizmo, feel its responsiveness, and react accordingly.