Sonatina Symphonic Orchestra - some files won't load?

Link to good samples/soundfonts at http://wiki.linuxaudio.org/wiki/free_audio_data

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

sysrqer
Established Member

Sonatina Symphonic Orchestra - some files won't load?

Post by sysrqer »

I've just got around to looking in to this and I'm really impressed with them, for my needs they are more than good enough. The only problem is that about half of them don't load (the harp and piano ones for example). I am using Linuxsampler with Qsampler, Qsampler gives an ERR-3 message in red but there are no details that I can see that suggest what the error means. I've tried downloading the files from two different places just in case the first was corrupt but the same thing happened.

Is it the files or linuxsampler or qsampler that's the problem here?
j_e_f_f_g
Established Member

Re: Sonatina Symphonic Orchestra - some files won't load?

Post by j_e_f_f_g »

sysrqer wrote:harp and piano
Don't bother with the piano. Use the Salamander piano instead. My "LIttle Lizard" version on Gmaq's site isn't much bigger, but sounds much better than, the SSO piano.

Not wild about the harp, but i haven't yet found a freeware alternative.

I replaced the SSO sustained vioins/violas (jg_violins.zip), sustained cellos (cellos.zip), solo violin (soloviolin.zip), solo cello (cello.zip), sustained trumpets (trumpet_sect.zip), solo trumpet (trumpet.zip), and sustained trombones (trombone_sect.zip). I'm working on a few more replacements (solo flute, timpani, various percussion).

Author of BackupBand at https://sourceforge.net/projects/backupband/files/
My fans show their support by mentioning my name in their signature.

noedig
Established Member

Post by noedig »

sysrqer wrote:Is it the files or linuxsampler or qsampler that's the problem here?
When I tried out SSO the first time I also had problems loading some of the instruments. Open the problematic sfz files with a text editor and ensure that the directories which are referenced are correct, especially regarding the letter case (e.g. "Samples" vs. "samples").
sysrqer
Established Member

Post by sysrqer »

Thanks noedig, that fixed the problem with all of them except the Harp, I can't see what's wrong with it now after editing. I loaded it up in Renoise manually and it doesn't sound as good as I would've hoped anyway.