Synth SFZ's

Link to good samples/soundfonts at http://wiki.linuxaudio.org/wiki/free_audio_data

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

AnthonyCFox
Established Member

Synth SFZ's

Post by AnthonyCFox »

There's eight synths/synth bass/synth drums here http://www.zampler.de/ for free. They're pretty big 150+ Mg. I've only checked one out but I like it. If the rest are as good I'll be a happy camper. I think I'll pass on the Commodore 64 though, that's not my style.

EDIT: The Bass Station II Yin and Yang don't have sfz files in them they're all Kontakt and some other format. I gotta say, after checking these sound packs out, I feel like a hit a jackpot. There is a ton of usable stuff. I actually did download the C64, but I'm too tired to look at it right now.

The downloads are on the right side of the page. They're images that look like physical software packs. Just click on them. You don't even need to sign up for anything!

As I hate fiddling around with synthesizer knobs I've been looking for something like this and along with the Rickenbacker bass I found this has been a pretty good day for me. :P
Last edited by AnthonyCFox on Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
War, crime, disease, starvation, extreme poverty; these are serious things.
Music? Not so serious. Have some fun! :D
AnthonyCFox
Established Member

Re: Synth SFZ's

Post by AnthonyCFox »

falkTX wrote:you should make a post with all these sfz's listed, instead of doing a new one for each.
then just update the forum topic when you find new stuff.
Maybe someday I'll collect all the freebies I can find and put them in one post but honestly, I think I'm done with free sounds. This synth library was last set of instruments I was looking for and it fits the bill EXACTLY :D . The next time I upgrade my sound library it will be from Digital Sound Factory's collection, $99 for the Songwriters Collection, and it might be awhile before I decide I need that.
AnthonyCFox
Established Member

Re: Synth SFZ's

Post by AnthonyCFox »

I wanted to update this:

There is a free vsti sfz/rex player on the same page as the samples and it runs in wine. It will play the sample pack that I commented on earlier didn't contain sfz files. It's more than just an sfz player though, it has LFO's, Filters, Envelopes, Effects, and an Arpeggiator. You could really mangle the hell out of sfz files if you were into that sort of thing.

With the sound packs, altogether it's a really decent piece of gear. It looks like Beat Magazine put it together as a promotional item. It's got their name all over it.