Anja sampler

Link to good samples/soundfonts at http://wiki.linuxaudio.org/wiki/free_audio_data

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

milkii
Established Member

Anja sampler

Post by milkii »

Anja - by Torbjörn Rathsman aka milasudril aka f00bar, "a sampler designed for live sound effect playback. Anja makes it possible to assign sound effects to the keys of the computer keyboard. Anja also features a channel mixer with 16 channels making it possible to fade a group of sound effects together, on-screen keyboard, as well as MIDI capabilities for remote control. The backend of Anja is JACK, the low-latency audio server. ... Other features in Anja is event-triggered auto-fade, and also an exposed kill all feature. It also features reverse playback, and the possibility to do shorter live recordings to any given slot, which can be played back immediately."

https://github.com/milasudril/anja

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/anja-git

they/them ta / libreav.org / wiki.thingsandstuff.org/Audio and related pages / gh

SpotlightKid
Established Member

Re: Anja sampler

Post by SpotlightKid »

The dependencies for building seem to be a bit over the top. Needing Blender, Inkscape, Xvfb, xelatex and whatnot just to build the program? Thank you, but no.
CrocoDuck
Established Member

Post by CrocoDuck »

I have never seen blender as a build dependency. I wonder why that's the case.
Markus
Established Member

Post by Markus »

CrocoDuck wrote:I have never seen blender as a build dependency. I wonder why that's the case.
Because it renders LEDs, knobs and logo at build time. Same with Inkscape, some minor SVG graphics are rendered to PNG while building.
CrocoDuck
Established Member

Post by CrocoDuck »

Markus wrote:
CrocoDuck wrote:I have never seen blender as a build dependency. I wonder why that's the case.
Because it renders LEDs, knobs and logo at build time. Same with Inkscape, some minor SVG graphics are rendered to PNG while building.
Oh I see. That's quite interesting.
Markus
Established Member

Post by Markus »

CrocoDuck wrote:Oh I see. That's quite interesting.
Yep, and quite unnecessary, too.
CrocoDuck
Established Member

Post by CrocoDuck »

Markus wrote:Yep, and quite unnecessary, too.
HA. Indeed, perhaps. But I am wondering if something clever could be done maybe by using Blender's physics engine for some task, for example. Not sure when it would make the most sense to do this at compile time, though.