(SOLVED with Bitwig Update) Dexed Pitchwheel bug on Bitwig Studio 2.4.3

All your LV2 and LADSPA goodness and more.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

polk9
Established Member

(SOLVED with Bitwig Update) Dexed Pitchwheel bug on Bitwig Studio 2.4.3

Post by polk9 »

Hi all !

I'm progressively migrating to GNU/Linux to do all-day audio production. Actually, everything seems to be really well, and i'm really happy of this !
I am a big fan of Dexed since a lot of years and I use it everyday on Bitwig Studio 2.4.3 on Ubuntu Studio 19.04 & Windows.

I have a pitchwheel problem with it : when I start Dexed (VST), the pitchwheel is (virtually, not physically) down. I touch it to make it in the middle, play some notes but after a few seconds, it automatically goes down, and so downtuning everything....
A also tried to load it through CarlaRack (VST) as a LV2 : same issue...

BUT I tried to do the same in Mixbus 5 32C, and it seems to have no problem.

I have the same kind of issue with some Windows VSTs like MiniMogue, Arturia MiniV2 and Jupiter8 : when I touch the cutoff (only it), at every note it goes back to initial position... I don't know if it's the same problem.

My controller is an Arturia Keylab 88

If you have any ideas about solving this, i'd be eternally thankful :D
Last edited by polk9 on Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kott
Established Member

Re: Dexed Pitchwheel bug on Bitwig Studio 2.4.3

Post by Kott »

Hi,

Is behavior with switched off controller is same?
polk9
Established Member

Re: Dexed Pitchwheel bug on Bitwig Studio 2.4.3

Post by polk9 »

Yes it is exactly the same,

I think the bug comes from Bitwig itself, now I updated to version 3.0.3 and don't have this problem anymore. During some researches i found some temporary "solutions" :
I needed to hit all notes and pitch bend on my keyboard to make this pitchwheel bug disappear, if the keyboard was not connected, I had to hit all notes manually.
I had the same kind of problem with Redux VST (on windows too), every first notes were stopped automatically after a very short time. Hitting all the notes on the keyboard seemed to solve the problem.
I work also on Mixbus and Ardour and this problems don't exist. So i conclude that it only comes from Bitwig.
I think it is solved :) Thank you !