Installing plugins on a Linux DAW

All your LV2 and LADSPA goodness and more.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

wakoo
Established Member

Re: Installing plugins on a Linux DAW

Post by wakoo »

ubuntuuser wrote:It's probably due to wine-rt
Now, I change wine-rt with wine-staging, from WineHQ official repositories. That package has too the realtime mode. (For more info about the rt patch on wine view this and this)

Anyhow, with wine-staging I can't load GUI of plugins again :( . I tried a previous version (from AVLinux) of LinVST and the GUI load but I can't move it or close it.

The problem looks like a bug, because another users experiments the same (here and here)

I paste the Carla's log:

Code: Select all

LinVst version 2.32
Loading  /home/trn/borrar/vss/Charlatan_x64.dll
Plugin refused to open its own UI
002a:fixme:x11drv:X11DRV_DestroyNotify window 0x20058/4e00001 destroyed from the outside
ubuntuuser
Established Member

Post by ubuntuuser »

wakoo wrote:
ubuntuuser wrote:It's probably due to wine-rt
Now, I change wine-rt with wine-staging, from WineHQ official repositories. That package has too the realtime mode. (For more info about the rt patch on wine view this and this)

Anyhow, with wine-staging I can't load GUI of plugins again :( . I tried a previous version (from AVLinux) of LinVST and the GUI load but I can't move it or close it.

The problem looks like a bug, because another users experiments the same (here and here)

I paste the Carla's log:

Code: Select all

LinVst version 2.32
Loading  /home/trn/borrar/vss/Charlatan_x64.dll
Plugin refused to open its own UI
002a:fixme:x11drv:X11DRV_DestroyNotify window 0x20058/4e00001 destroyed from the outside
LinVst is made to be used directly with a DAW like Ardour, Reaper, Bitwig, Tracktion etc and to be used directly with the DAW's embedded plugin window that the DAW provides and to have the DAW load LinVst directly with no other vst loaders involved.

If someone is using Carla vst to load LinVst then that might cause some problems.

Qtractor: I don't know much about what it does with vst's.
wakoo
Established Member

Post by wakoo »

That's true ubuntuuser, I can load my vst's on Ardour, but I miss Qtractor compatibility, 'coz it can handle .fxp and .fxb file so well.
So, thanks for your time.

Regards.