Bend-/+

All your LV2 and LADSPA goodness and more.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

aljosa.jakovcic

Bend-/+

Post by aljosa.jakovcic »

Hi,
is there any synth on linux that has Bend-/+ option that skews the waveform? Stretching and shrinking different parts of waveform, bend- mode is stretching middle of the waveform while squashing the beginning and endings. Bend+ mode is stretching the beginning and endings of the waveform while squashing middle.
Regards,
Aljosa
sysrqer
Established Member

Re: Bend-/+

Post by sysrqer »

I think zynaddsubfx can do this, you can certainly scew and morph the waveform in to different shapes in a number of ways.
aljosa.jakovcic

Post by aljosa.jakovcic »

I didn't think on pitch bend, this is something different. I'm struggling with zynaddsubfx to make that.
AlexTheBassist
Established Member

Post by AlexTheBassist »

aljosa.jakovcic wrote:Hi,
is there any synth on linux that has Bend-/+ option that skews the waveform? Stretching and shrinking different parts of waveform, bend- mode is stretching middle of the waveform while squashing the beginning and endings. Bend+ mode is stretching the beginning and endings of the waveform while squashing middle.
Regards,
Aljosa
Lots of them can do that, google for synth parameter automation.
Being creative does not imply being lazy, stupid, or illiterate.

Working in Harrison Mixbus and Ardour on KDE Neon + KXStudio.
sysrqer
Established Member

Post by sysrqer »

aljosa.jakovcic wrote:I didn't think on pitch bend, this is something different. I'm struggling with zynaddsubfx to make that.
No, not pitch bend. I know what you mean, you're talking about what's in Massive right?

You can do it in zynaddsubfx, it has a much more extreme range though so you don't need big changes in the parameters to do what you're after. Go to the OSC tab and play with the sliders and settings on the top half like modulation and filter.