linVST and inter plugin communication

All your LV2 and LADSPA goodness and more.

Moderators: MattKingUSA, khz

jonetsu
Established Member

linVST and inter plugin communication

Post by jonetsu »

Anyone got that working ? Some plugins, like Voxendo GlissEQ can export real-time EQ data which is seen by another instance and imported. This is to see two EQ curves from different tracks in real-time in a single instance. The problem is that none of the instances are seeing the exported data, as if they are running in a chroot or something.
ubuntuuser
Established Member

Re: linVST and inter plugin communication

Post by ubuntuuser »

That might depend on how Voxengo is doing the transfer and what Wine is doing.

I'll try it out.
jonetsu
Established Member

Post by jonetsu »

Yes, I looked at top and each Windows VST gets a linvst process going on. A single linvst process enabling all VST to communicate natively would surely be nice. I took a quick look at minihost. It seems it has two ins and two outs. Not sure that it would handle plugins on different tracks. Are you using it ?

OTOH, maybe it's the time to take a look at Carla. Seems like a single host, everyone talks about it as a host. Does it enable intercommunication between plugins ?

Cheers.
Jack Winter
Established Member

Post by Jack Winter »

Still several processes running in the same prefix share the same wineserver specifically to be able to communicate (through the server), probably it's some bug or missing feature that breaks it.
Reaper/KDE/Archlinux. i7-2600k/16GB + i7-4700HQ/16GB, RME Multiface/Babyface, Behringer X32, WA273-EQ, 2 x WA-412, ADL-600, Tegeler TRC, etc 8) For REAPER on Linux information: https://wiki.cockos.com/wiki/index.php/REAPER_for_Linux
Luc
Established Member

Post by Luc »

Have you tried launching a global patchbay such as Catia and checking if there are any connections you can do there manually?

Or maybe you can redirect things in/through the inner pipes of a DAW.